Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Happy Purim!! My Purim card to you (a little topsy turvy at that!)








 My Purim Card to you,
From Shushan, Japan, to Kalamazoo 
Choose to rejoice in all you do!!

Times may be tough and the going is rough,
but we know that we're here in this beautiful life
that was given to us as a marvelous gift 
from our Heavenly Father who loves us like you  wouldn't believe (but do...believe!), 

He loves us so much He gave us His one and only son to die for us.

Let us enter into His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with Praise!!
Acknowledge Him for all our days!!

He is our Deliverer and He could Deliver us tomorrow, but somehow there must still be more He wants us to learn .  I just learned that Hamantashen are called Haman's ears because ---- because of him and his evil plot, the Jewish people came together and  "inclined their ear" to God and took action. 

What is it we are supposed to be hearing in our times now??? 

Here are some Hamantashen, to enjoy while you ponder that question!  Everybody doesn't like something, but nobody doesn't like Hamantashen!! (I learned that tonite too!!))
cheery blossoms hamantashen (cherry blossoms!)

Blessings and Blossoms and Love!

May the fear of the LORD spread!

Even in dire situations, the Jewish rabbis say that we MUST rejoice and be joyous on Purim!! That the world will try as hard as it may to take that joy away 
 but they say we are not to give in to it.  Not on Purim!! and not ever!

It reminds me of these two scriptures,

Rejoice in the Lord always--again I will say, rejoice!         Philippians 4:4
   
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Messiah Yeshua our Lord.  Romans 8:38~39



Welcome to Shushan ! ?!  photo credit thank you to purim party-er dear miss k  ♡    



Chag Sameach!!
Happy Purim!!   Love,  ♡ Shayndel




12 comments:

  1. Hi Shayndel,
    Thanks for the card, the pictures and the video! They're lovely reminders of Purim. You look smashing! The Hamantaschen look delicious!
    I love the rhyming verses at the beginning of your post.

    Hag Sameah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Duta,
    So glad the card reached you across the miles,
    and hope it brought to you a few smiles!!
    I wanted to write the whole post in a rhyme,
    but it wouldn't have gotten in the post on time.

    Blessings to you and a
    Hag Sameah!!
    May you find a new joy in the things of your day-ah!!

    :)♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the card. It's a joy to see all the young people smiling and enjoying Purim. I love your creative decorations too and noticed the Rose of Sharon perfume. Lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda and you're welcome:) Yes Rose of Sharon! For the party guests when we read about the "beauty treatments" in the book of Esther!! For that part everyone gets an anointing with the Rose of Sharon perfume:)) Pouring some out for you... Blessings and Love!♡

      Delete
    2. Thank you Shayndel. Regarding joy Neh 8:10, Psalm 28:7 come to mind :) Let us encourage one another. Every blessing xx

      Delete
    3. Thank you Linda for sharing these verses, oh what a beautiful verse in the Psalm when we trust in Him "Therefore my heart leaps for joy, and I will praise Him with my song". In these troubled times, how wonderful to reach for Him, trust Him, and may our hearts leap for joy!! Yes, let us encourage one another!! Every blessing♡

      Delete
  4. Happy Purim. I enjoyed all the photos and the words especially

    Even in dire situations, the Jewish rabbis say that we MUST rejoice and be joyous on Purim!! That the world will try as hard as it may to take that joy away but they say we are not to give in to it. Not on Purim!! and not ever! and also the scripture Phil 4:4

    Blessings and love. xx ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joyful!! Happy Purim to you!!
      Yes, I like that too about not giving in to being joyful on Purim!!! The world does not seem to endorse joy does it?? I just had a thought, that maybe we need to spread way more joy!! Maybe we are not spreading enough joy as if we were, then it would certainly overpower the fear.

      A prayer!! Help us Lord to be sharers and spreaders of Joy in YOU!!♡

      Love and Blessings and Joy to you 、dear Joyful!:)♡

      Delete
  5. Blessings. Happy Purim. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you R's Rue.
    Blessings to you !
    Happy Purim!♡

    ReplyDelete
  7. How are you, Shayndel? How is Japan? I keep seeing things closing in different countries around the world. Schools in Ireland. Flights from Europe to the USA. The Brazilian President and the Canadian Prime Minister's wife and the actor Tom Hanks have all been diagnosed.

    Things seems normal here. I went to get groceries yesterday. They had tons of food but very little toilet paper! I went this morning to buy a video game system and hair dye...you know, the essentials. I feel peaceful and not worried about the virus itself, but I think it will be better if no one panics.

    ๐ŸŽ I saw this in my icons. It looks vaguely Japanese. Do you know what it is?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sandi, thank you, I am ok, Japan is ok. We have schools closed across the country since the beginning of March, as well as many closings, but it has been good I think as a measure to prevent the ...(I'm tired of saying its name!! It seems to give power to it to say its name, and so I just am ...ing!) from spreading.

    Where we are it is peaceful. I can't say for all Japan, as I really don't know how it is in the big cities. Glad to here it seems normal there and that you are feeling peaceful!! And that you were able to get your "essentials" lol:))

    That is a cute icon, its a little wind bell (chime), usually glass I think for summer, hang it outside and it makes a delicate sound in the breeze!! Its called a furin-- evokes very cool and summery mood!

    I agree with you that its better if no one panics and to all just work together and in prayer!! I heard the good news about the President announcing a National Prayer Day this Sunday!! Blessings love and Shalom to you Sandi!! ♡

    ReplyDelete