Thursday, August 20, 2020

Happy Elul!



Happy is the people who know the TERUAH (Joyful shout of the Shofar )  Psalm 89:16

Tonight begins the first day of the month of Elul!!

Elul is the month of preparation before the High Holy Days, it is a month of `Teshuvah`, of return, and of drawing nearer to the Beloved Yeshua!! The shofar is sounded daily as a call to repentance and return, a wake up call ! and a preparation of our hearts to clean out those places that are holding us back from nearness to God.  I love listening to the shofar, as well as I hope to get better at sounding my little shofar during these next 30 days!!

Today is the first day of Elul, first evening actually.  This month it is said that the King himself is in the fields, so may we look  to meet Him as we are and to ask Him to show us those places that we need to work on in this month of teshuvah.   Oh, and remember, the name Elul is said to be an an acronym made of the first letters of the Hebrew verse in Song of Songs, 6:3, I am my beloveds and He is mine, Ani le Dodi ve Dodi li.  I also love the tradition of reading Psalm 27 daily in this month.  As we are just in the first day, I  wanted to mention these observances if anyone might be moved to enter into this preparation month for the Fall Feasts. So many now in the Body of Messiah are realizing that they are for all God`s people which is so exciting to see, as shofars are being blown in Malaysia and Australia and Singapore and Japan! and all around the globe to call for nations to return to Him and as well of course calling out to Him to hear our voice united as one!!!

Listening to the sound of shofar everyday is a beautiful part of this month.  If you are moved to find some shofar sounding videos (there are many!) and listen each day,  let your soul hear the sound that is said to be a call to return,  representing the voice of God and remniscient of the  shofar sound at Mt. Sinai as well as the sound of the great shofar blast that will usher in the return of Messiah and the gathering of peoples of every tribe and nation to Him . 

Blessed Elul to all! 

Love, 
Shayndel


 


17 comments:

  1. "... shofars are being blown in Malaysia and Australia and Singapore and Japan!"

    Somehow this feels prophetic.

    Love the sunset at the end of the video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sandi !! Amen, yes.
    Praise God!!

    Blessings and hope you might listen for the joyful shout and call of shofar this month!! Mine is not quite resonant yet, but anyway thank you for listening and encouraging!! ♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post. It would be a great sound to hear all the shofars around the world.
    Happy Eloel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Hobbyloes.
    Yes, isn`t it exciting!
    Blessings and Happy Elul to you too♡

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had never know about the shofar - what a lovely way to call us near to the Heart of God. May we hear the shofars all around the world. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie for your visit and sharing!! Amen! Yes, I may try to put a few more scriptures together in a post during this month that are about the shofar, actually your comment makes me want to do that!! Have a blessed day to you too!!♡

      Delete
  6. Amen! Praise YAHWEH, sister Joanne! You are doing a marvelous work in Japan.. and the earth shall be filled with the KAVOD of Yahweh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen!! The earth shall be filled with His Glory!!!
      Praise God!! Thank you for the wonderful encouragement!! I am thankful to you Brother David and Sister Charitie and all at TAV TEACH for sharing your enthusiasm for Yeshua and for Biblical Hebrew teaching to the world!! Blessings!

      Delete
  7. And the earth shall be filled with the KAVOD Of YAHWEH, Sister Joanne ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been listening to the sounds of the Shofar-so beautiful! I read Psalm 27 and saw that I had already underlined verse 4 "One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek; that I may swell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple." Beside it I had marked Matthew 6:33 "But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness...". God grant that we would seek the Lord every day! Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gloriade.
      Praise God!!
      Blessed by your sharing.
      That is one of my favorite verses too. And I love that you share to Matthew 6:33. That verse has been a lot on my heart too and thank you for making the connection like that!! Thank you for the beautiful prayer, I am in agreement God that we would seek the LORD every day!! Many blessings!♡

      Delete
  9. A year or so back I read how Jewish prepared for the High Holy Days and I do remember the mention of reading Psalm 27 daily. A favorite psalm of mine. I would love to hear a shofar in person. How neat it is heard around the world!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Betty, I`m glad to hear that you had known a little about about the High Holy Day preparations. I am excited too for when you will hear a shofar in person, and it will be a joyous day. Blessings! Happy Elul! ♡

      Delete
  10. Thank you. Happy and Blessed Elul!♡

    ReplyDelete
  11. The sound of the shofar being blown is thrilling to our ears. I'm thankful that I can hear and understand in my spirit what this means for those who love the Lord. The Beloved is mine and I am His. His banner over me is Love. May it be for you dear Shayndel. May there be a returning to Him in these days and in the days ahead. The words of Psalm 27 are precious especially verses 1, 4 and 8. Thank you for your insights and for sharing. Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Linda for the beautiful words and expression and blessings in your comment!! Amen and amen and amen!!
    To you and your family a beautiful, healthy and blessed season of drawing nearer to the LORD under His banner of LOVE!!♡

    ReplyDelete