Thursday, August 27, 2020

Elul Challah-cast!! Letters to the Beloved!!


I am my beloveds and my beloved is mine.

Ani leDodi VeDodi Li.

Song of Songs 6:3

The Shabbat Table is set with the Hebrew words and letters that spell `Ani Le Dodi Ve Dodi Li`!!! 
The whole verse formed from 12 strands





Can you see  the Letters that spell `Elul` ? And that they are taken from the letters in the first letter in each of the four words of the verse (picture at very top is the verse, picture directly above is `Elul`.)
As I was videoing the Challah-cast, the plan emerged!  To write all the words of the verse Ani LeDodi VeDodi Li... in challah!!! And of course to sprinkle in a little `drash`, talk about this month of `teshuvah` --return-- with some insights and challah tips, sharing an Elul communion, and reading the psalm 27 with you...





אֲנִי לְדוֹדִי וְדוֹדִי לִי

 Hope you enjoy the Challah -cast, and have a blessed week.
Blessings to all!  Shabbat Shalom, as already we are coming up to a new Shabbat. 
Love, Shayndel
(doing Challah-casts as `Joanne`!)♡


G’mar Chatima Tovah!
May you be inscribed and sealed in the Book of Life for good year!



4 comments:

  1. 'Ani Le Dodi Ve Dodi Li' - is a beautiful verse! It's often used in israeli songs.
    Always a treat to see and hear you , with or without a shofar!
    Also, a delight to see your Sabbath table and your challa forms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen!
    It is a beautiful verse. And surely beautiful Israeli songs they must be!!

    Gee, aw thanks Duta for the kind words...glad about the challah and the Shabbat table bringing delight:)! Thank you for sharing in the delight.

    To God be the glory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelter...

    I just heard a teaching by a pastor who said the Lord was keeping us in shelter for the next two weeks and then... I am not quoting exactly. I can send you the link, but it was about coming into a new time.

    When did you start doing creative things like the fans and the letter bread? I would love to go to one of your classes. Well, I do, here! 😀

    I am going to make a challah! I am! Any suggestions for a first time challah-er?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sandi! I`m excited that you are going to make a challah!!
    Do it from a heart of love for God and let the technicalities come later, that is my suggestion for making your first challah!!!


    I started making the fans about 4 years ago And the letter bread about a year ago!! Thanks for the encouragement!!!  Happy to share more testimony or can give you a tutorial too sometime if you`d like, and a personalized fan class :))!!
    Thanks for sharing about the teaching about shelter... reminds me of the coming New Year and dwelling in Sukkah! ♡

    ReplyDelete