Monday, September 14, 2020

25th of Elul! on the first day of Creation!

round challah for Rosh Hashanah, trying a few different variations
This day, making round challah (above), when the doorbell rang and a `sukkah` package arrived from Abram the tent maker

Today is the 25th of Elul, in Jewish history this day marks the first day of creation

Just as I was starting to make a round challah to practice for Rosh Hashanah, I remembered that Elul 25th is said to be the first day God created the world, and I thought, oh, I better check what day today is, and I looked, and I saw on the Hebrew calendar...!! It is Elul 25th.  

On Friday sundown it will be Rosh Hashanah--called Yom Teruah or Day of Trumpets in the Biblical Feasts, and known as the New Year on the Jewish calendar.  We celebrate the anniversary of when God created the world, by honoring Him, the creator and King! It is also the day of the coronation of the King and of course will be the Coronation of the King and Messiah upon His return.  Every year there is this Coronation celebration honoring the King of Glory, the Maker of Heaven and Earth.

 I hadn`t realized though until this year, that this anniversary of  creation, is actually day 6, when God created mankind! 

Of course we, mankind, were banished the next day from the Garden, but if not for that, we wouldn`t have this amazing time of Return!  All a part of God`s great plan of redemption.

I`m starting a little early on the Rosh Hashanah round Challah!!!   We make a round challah at this time of year shaped like a crown.  The round shape also could be said to represent the cycle of time.  Our  Eternal Creator is without beginning and without end! 

As I was starting the challah---and yes, a new challah-cast--- the doorbell rang!! A delivery of the building materials for the succah!! Sent from Abram!! Abram, the tent maker.  Yes, this is all true!! 

Praise God!! The Maker of Heaven and Earth, the Master of all things!!


Stay tuned for more on the round challah (challot!!) for Rosh Hashanah!! Back to the making, and hopefully there will be a challah-cast to follow as well!!!

Many blessings to you on this day

Love and Blessings,

Shayndel/Joanne

 PS officially my first post (in progress) on the `new blogger`!!!  Thank you friends for the encouragements in your postings!! xoxo

4 comments:

  1. I'm a great believer in the Creation and its rules. I've often claimed in my comments that the disasters that come upon mankind are due to people's disobeyence of the rules of Creation.

    Lovely round challah!
    Hugs and Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Duta, Thank you for your comment.
      I know you have a great respect for the order of how God created the world and to live according to His law and the order He made all things, Praise God!

      We are to worship the Creator and not the creation. To live in obedience to Him--according to His word and yes, His Will!! just needed to clarify that , to point out as we are not obedient to the `creation` but rather to the Creator--who is blessed forever!

      Come, let us worship and bow down,
      Let us kneel before the Lord our Maker. Psalm 95:6

      Thank you for the compliments on the challah!! I am learning a few new things from a Challah maker in Israel!!! Hugs and Blessings to you!♡

      Delete
  2. Happy Rosh Hashanah to you Joanne. I love all the God ordained "coincidences" in your story today: the delivery of the materials for the succah, and delivered by Abram the tent maker. So amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joyful for visiting, reading, and watching!! So blessed by your taking the time and appreciating the God ordained `conincidences`! God is so good and even though I couldn`t go and be with my family this holiday, He brought and keeps showing me those special moments to let me know He is with me, and He wants me to rejoice and overcome. He is with us!! Praise the LORD!! Blessings to you dear Joyful! Much love!♡

      Delete