Thursday, September 17, 2020

Round Challah 1 for Rosh Hashanah



 

For the LORD Most High is to be feared, 

A great King over all the earth.

Psalm 47:2

 

And He will lift up a standard for the nations

And assemble the banished ones of Israel, And will gather the dispersed of Judah.

From the four corners of the earth.   Isaiah 11:12


This week I took a challah class on line through a master challah maker named Tamar in Israel.

She taught how to make 10 shapes of round challah!!

For my “round one” (first round!) I just made it to three variations.  My favorite is this four strand that weaves together on a crown-like round.  I like to see it also as expressing the gathering of all Gods people from the four corners of the earth to bring us back to Him and to the land of Israel!!!

 This year when I read these scriptures about Him gathering us back, here in Japan, sometimes wondering how ever did I get here--reading these words of the scripture helps me to understand that we do get where we are in the four corneres of the world by His hand and are waiting to be brought back!

I made a few! (round challah)

I made a Challah-cast too but only got as far as getting ready so far!! You can see that Part 1 below.  It has the scene where the succah delivery comes, so the mood is one of getting ready.  With the added suspense of whether all the dough for this full recipe will fit into my bowl!!  The actual shaping/making will be in Part 2!  Enjoy, and stay tuned!!



 
 

As we are coming around to the end of 5780 and preparation for the New Year on the biblical calendar of God, may we stand solid in the center of His love.   Abide in His Love!

Shana Tova!  Wishing you A good year!! May it be a healthy, fruitful, sweet, and joyous year for you and your Loved ones.

May we pray for all Israel and the world for Salvation, for healing, for Shalom. 

Pray for the peace of Jerusalem.  

May those who love you be at peace.

Psalm 122:6

 

The challah master teacher I took the course from is named Tamar, which means Palm Tree! So I just put in this photo (above top) as I was sitting by the `palm tree` when making the challah!! The photo directly above shows how to braid the first four strand variation.  And below, is my original `Hebrew letters` in Challah in anticipation of the beginning of the new year and new start of the Torah cycle !!

The word above is `Bara` and it is the second word of the Torah (in the Hebrew line up).  

In the beginning, God created...

(note*  the making of Hebrew letters in challah is my own variation, and was not something that was taught in the Master class! )

 Much Love!!♡

Shayndel

 #challahandcherryblossoms, #messianicjapan

2 comments:

  1. It was good to visit your post today and catch up a bit on what you are up to. I love the round Challah, your thoughts on what the 4 strands of dough speak to you and also the lovely painting behind it. Shabbat Shalom my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joyful! Thank you for all your kind comments!! So blessed to receive them just before the `chag`!! (holiday). I am about to join in a Rosh Hashanah service with a congregation in Tokyo online this year, like many others I wasn`t able to travel to be with my family this time. Anyway so grateful to be able to enter into the New Year with many new friends around the world, God brings much new blessing into this time, including hearing from you with your kind words and encouragement!!. I will write back to your other comments after the Shabbat, this year Rosh Hashanah is on Shabbat!! Blessings and Love and again, thank you so much for all your comments and watching the recent `story` with the tent maker and all!!! Much love and Blessings, to you my friend!!!♡

    ReplyDelete