Monday, October 22, 2018

Morning Glories, and a Challah for Abraham






I will surely bless you, and I will multiply your descendants like the stars in the sky and the sand on the seashore.    

---Genesis 22:17
The morning glories on the verandah opened in late September this year, or maybe even early October.  I am a little off in terms of the seasons as I was away for all of September and the beginning of October.  I confess I was a little discouraged about the morning glories before I left for my travels in early September, that the morning glories on the veranda still hadn't opened.  But when I came back there were these beautiful blue flowers the color of the sky!!  Even as some of the leaves were starting to dry and turn to brown, the morning glories are still bursting open with the color of sky each morning into these late weeks of October.  And some of the other flowers too were unusually blossoming for this time!   I should mention, a thanks to my husband, who watered the plants when I was gone.
I love morning glories, and how it is a surprise to see them in the morning and how there are these flowers looking out on God's Glory while at the same time created by His Glory.   Everything speaks of His Glory.

About the Challah, I made a Red Bean Challah in connection with the Torah Portion we are in, Lech Lecha.  Where God tells Abraham to set out from his native land to go to where he knows not where.   Lech Lecha, which means go forward, yourself ! also has the meaning to go forth and into one's self.  Which is interesting as I always thought of the going out and setting forth, but the journey to God is also a great journey into our selves as well.

 I pray that from His glorious riches He would grant you to be strengthened in your inner being with power through His Ruach, so that Messiah may dwell in your hearts through faith.                     --Ephesians 3:16~17

Shabbat Shalom!
Shavu'a Tov!



To read about the Challah and Cherry Blossoms story of why a Red Bean Challah for Abraham, please see
HERE  Abraham's Journey and a Challah Tutorial 
 HERE  An Pan Challah and Lech Lecha Parsha
 HERE!  A Challah for Abraham,
and HERE  Challah for Abraham, cont'd!.  
(Or,  just enjoy the challah, without explanation!!! ) Thank you for making the journey and stopping by!  Enjoy!








9 comments:

  1. I can almost reach out and grab the cut challah slice in your bottom photo. Your challah in all photos look so tasty. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joyful! I'm glad it almost reached you!! Enjoy and a blessed week to you! God Bless!!♡

      Delete
  2. And He called Abraham, who obeyed and recieved the promise that his seed would be like the sand by the sea.
    Now his descendants come back to Israel all over the world, as the prophets have predicted.
    Nice photos!♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! Thank you hobbyloes for adding that!!
      God Bless you!! Have a great week!!

      Delete
  3. The slices of Abraham's challa make my mouth water.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. I will surely bless you, and I will multiply your descendants like the stars in the sky and the sand on the seashore.

      ---Genesis 22:17


      Amen!!

      Delete