Friday, November 11, 2016

A Challah for Abraham


Then ADONAI said to Abram,
"Get going out from your land,
and from your relatives, 
and from your father`s house,
to the land that I will show you.
My heart`s desire is to make you into a great nation, to bless you,
to make your name great so that you may be a blessing.

                                 ---Genesis 12:1 ~2 

So Abram went, Just as ADONAI had spoken to him.   (verse 4).
As I was meditating on this weeks parsha, I wanted to make a challah that somehow would have a connection to Abram.   The idea of a red bean challah came to me, at first  because in Japan people make red bean rice to mark a special day, a celebration, and for congratulations.  And indeed Abram becoming Abraham and walking in faith with ADONAI to carry out this command to go to a new land and make a great nation,  is a blessing to celebrate!!

Then as I was making it, more things started to connect and I realized indeed a Red Bean Challah for Abraham was indeed fitting!  And filling!

This post is in progress so please enjoy some of the challah and see you a little later on this Lech Lecha Shabbat!

 Shabbat Shalom!!
Lech Lecha,  L`chaim!!



シャバット・シャローム 
(安息日おめでとう)



No comments:

Post a Comment