Thursday, October 22, 2020

Good and Light

 Taste and see how good the LORD is;

happy the man who takes refuge in Him!

Psalm 34:9

טַעֲמוּ וּרְאוּ, כִּי-טוֹב יְהוָה;    אַשְׁרֵי הַגֶּבֶר, יֶחֱסֶה-בּוֹ

Something new is happening from making the Hebrew letters in challah.  I am drawing nearer to God through them.  When I recently made the word `chesed` (in challah! post to follow!) , which means lovingkindness, as soon as I picked up the `chet` ח (the first letter of `chesed` חסד) , I realized this is a letter to handle with care.  This is a word that is the signature of God`s attributes.

The Hebrew words in challah in this post`s upload are `good` and `light`.  

Good=  טוב  = TOV            Light =   אור  = OHR

I haven`t done an upload yet about `chesed`, (lovingkindness), but I just had that realization about the letters. His goodness and lovingkindness will pursue us all the days of our lives...

The word there too in Psalm 23 is `Tov`, the same `good` that He proclaimed when He made the world and said each thing that was `Good`...the world He made `Good` is the `good` or `Tov` that is His attribute. 

More than food for thought, we actually taste and see how good---Tov---  the LORD is!!

Enjoy! This is a light hearted upload with a story about the first words God said, Let there be ...Light!! אור

Have a good day and let your light shine and give glory to our Father in Heaven!! Much love, Shabbat Shalom! Shayndel ,d.u.a. (doing uploads as) 

Joanne`s Challah-Cast channel!

 

4 comments:

  1. Your chalah letters of אור , טוב, look perfect!
    I wonder who are the lucky ones that eat your creations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Duta!! So relieved (!!) and blessed to hear that the letters look `perfect!`, from a Hebrew speaker like you!!
      Would like to be able to give you an actual Hebrew letters in Challah for you to taste, please come to Japan for Shabbat sometime!!! Meanwhile, guess what letters I am making for tonight. Hint--two letters, and hint is in this Shabbat`s parsha (i just gave it away!!)...♡

      Delete
  2. I love what your post is saying about God's goodness and lovingkindness pursuing us. what an awesome thought. I also really like that word "lovingkindness" and the fact it appears as one word, not two. It reminds of an old song we used to sing in church "Thy lovingkindess is better than life, thy lovingkindness is better than life. My lips shall praise thee, my hands will bless thee, and I will lift up my hands in thy Name". Shabbat shalom dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joyful! Amen! I have recently learned from my Biblical Hebrew study through the ministry in Australia called TAV, that in Psalm 23 where we always and often translate it as His goodness and mercy follow us...., a more accurate translation is that they `Pursue` us. That was a behold eye opening learning for me, so I am glad you saw that as well!! Thank you for sharing the beautiful lyrics to the song. Amen! Glad to have this moment of Praise together with you back here, Shabbat Shalom and a rest-full weekend to you dear Joyful!! ♡

      Delete