Thursday, January 25, 2018

The Sabbath of Song


I will sing to ADONAI,
for He is highly exalted!
The horse and its rider
He has thrown into the sea.
ADONAI is my strength and my song,
and He has become my salvation.
This is my God, and I will glorify Him,
my father`s God, and I will glorify Him,
my father`s God, and I will exalt Him.

--Exodus 15:1~2, begins The Song of Moses and Miriam


Blessings to everyone and Shabbat Shalom!!
The reading this week on the Parashat Cycle is from Exodus, it is a wonderful Parsha, Parsha Beshalach, where God brings the Children of Israel out of Egypt and through the Sea of Reeds. It is the Parsha where He gives Manna to them from Heaven, and establishes the Shabbat with the Double Portion!! There in this portion is the Song of the Sea, the Song of Praise by Moses and Miriam upon being set Free!!

Oh there is just so much and I could write a whole blog about this alone as I am bursting with things I want to express.  You can see in the readings below how the Song connects all the readings, from the Song of Moses and Miriam in the Torah portion, to the Song of Deborah in the Haftarah, to the Song of Victory in Heaven at the Wedding of the Lamb.  But it is Friday afternoon, and time to start preparing for Shabbat.  I will make a special Challah today because not only is it the Shabbat of Song, but it is also Tu b`shevat this week so I will make a special Biblical Fruits Challah!!

I have a prayer, friends and dear ones, it is that God will bring me people to my community to celebrate Shabbat day with. Thank you to all if you feel led to agree and believe with me for this!! In my city and even Prefecture (State)  I have not yet met anyone who observes Shabbat.   I realize as it is January that this will actually be starting my third year of observing Shabbat!!  Thank you Father in Heaven for your wonderful and delight-full Shabbat, and for hearing our prayer, I send this prayer up boldly to the throne room in Heaven,  in Yeshua`s glorious name I pray!
A-men!!!

Parsha BeShalach, Shabbat Shirah, The Sabbath of Song

The readings in the Bible are:
Torah Portion (from Old Testament):  Exodus 13:17~17:16
Haftarah Portion(from the Prophets): Judges 4:4~5:31
Brit Chadasha (New Testament)*:  Revelation 19:1~20:6

Note for the Brit Chadasha, or New Testament reading, I also see John 6:47~51  as a good connected reading as the Torah portion is about the Manna from Heaven and these verses connect the Manna to Yeshua who is the Bread of Life, the living bread, which came down from Heaven

Time to start the challah!!

Shabbat Shalom!!

Love
Shayndel



7 comments:

  1. Lovely post! I can feel and share your excitement. I love the cherry blossoms in your photo. Once you have a photo of your Biblical fruits challah I would love to see it. Shabbat Shalom. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joyful! I will post it and show a photo, well there will probably be more than one photo:)) Stay tuned, and hope you enjoy it!! Blessings!!

      Delete
  2. So, you're relatively new to Shabbath observing, and in a place where, apparently, no one else does it.
    May God answer your prayer!

    The picture of the cherry blossoms and the candlesticks is mesmerizing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Duta, Yes, one day three years ago God asked me to start observing His Shabbat!! It took me by surprise for sure, as even though I grew up Jewish we never observed Shabbat nor did anyone around me (no one I knew) even though we had a large Jewish population on Long Island, so it was never even something I considered. And here I was in our small city in Japan with no one around celebrating it, so I didn`t exactly know what to do or how to start!! And that is how and when I started making Challah, Thank you for your encouragement and believing with me in the prayer!! The blossom on the table is the flowering branch that the gardener had given me in the post below!! It really was amazing how it just opened one blossom after blossom on the Shabbat table, just as he said it would!! Many blessings and thanks always to all for your encouragement and loving supporting comments!

      Delete
    2. PS this is one of my first posts, if you would like to please enjoy to read it, your comment reminded me of this story of my first Shabbath and first Challah!!! ♡
      https://challahandcherryblossoms.blogspot.jp/2016/08/the-first-sabbath_1.html

      Delete