Thursday, August 29, 2019

Not by Bread Alone, Parsha Eikev







Man does not live by bread alone 
but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.

Deuteronomy 8:3

  








Not by bread alone
How I love ❤️ Your Torah!

How I love this Parsha !





Bread  (Challah) and the Word of God.

As we are scrolling down in the Torah, coming to the end of one year on God's calendar, we are approaching the last month of 5779.

This month that we are in is the month of Av.  Av in Hebrew means "Father".  It is a month that is associated with comfort, coming after a three weeks period of mourning in Jewish history.  And leading up to just before the season of repentance and the New Year!!  The next and last month of the year on the Hebrew calendar is Elul!!  It is one of my favorite months.  It is said that the name of the month can be seen in the first of each of the corresponding first letters in "I am my beloveds and He is mine."  Ani le Dodi, ve Dodi Li

If you haven't yet  stepped onto/into life on the Hebrew calendar, it is a wonderful time to start preparing as we have the month of Elul before the New Year.  I think it would change the world if all of God's children were to switch from following the ways of  the "world" calendar and move onto to His calendar!! Not to mention, how it changes our lives to enter His time.  Just casually slipping that in, and yet is a really big thing on my heart for His heart.  I am sorry to just be posting in snippets lately, but just wanted to put this scripture quote about Bread and the Word of God to leave a space here for the book of Devarim, and may come back to the post to follow.  Just wanted to hold a place, as the Torah is scrolling down so quickly now!!!
Blessings and Shabbat Shalom!!








8 comments:

  1. "I am my beloveds and He is mine."

    Have you heard this song?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! Yes, I love that scripture and song!
      Blessings!♡

      Delete
  2. You have a lovely way of explaining things!
    I'm a great lover of bread, but, indeed 'not by bread alone', also by the Word of God.
    The photos (especially the chala) are great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Duta!
      Amen. Praise God!
      Blessings and a good week to you!!♡

      Delete
  3. You are a terrific challah maker.I can almost taste. I haven't stepped into the Hebrew calendar as such. I never quite know what to make of Gentiles like myself doing so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joyful, yes please try some of the challah!! About the calendar, Thank you for sharing, as even asking or thinking about "not knowing" is an honest response. May He open those doors in His perfect timing as you seek Him in all things!! Blessing and His great Shalom be with you!!!♡

      Delete
  4. Blessings and Shabbat Shalom to you my friend. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joyful! Blessings and Shabbat Shalom and a blessed week to you!! xx

      Delete