Thursday, August 8, 2019

Jeremiah in my day

Just a cute little story about Jeremiah in my day!

As you know I like to give out things like postcards or shalom fans or scriptures written on little cards as ways to share about the LORD and it is also a way of having moments of an encounter with people in the course of the day!

Yesterday I was in the women's locker room at the community center gym, and some women were just finishing and were all changed when I was coming in. I don't know them,but they were very friendly and we greeted each other and started chatting.  I hadn't pulled out my postcards in a while and just felt moved to do so, so we all sat on a bench in the locker room and they seemed to really like the postcards and were choosing one or the other.  Then it was like I was just pulling things out of my bag I didn't even know were there! Next a scripture in Japanese  on a cute letter paper with music notes from Jeremiah, next a photo from the City of David from Jerusalem with a Psalm, and then more postcards, one with another scripture from Jeremiah in Japanese!! So now they were asking for seconds, looking for treasures, and one woman noticed the handwritten scripture in Japanese from Jeremiah and asked if it was ok for her to have that, and I said, of course, I was keeping it for just the right person, and its you!

The scripture was Jeremiah 29:11, I know the plans I have for you.
I remember from when I wrote it, it was in April! from when I sang that song at a student recital, and had written it in Japanese to give to people the scripture then!! So it really was for her, as I hadn't known I was even carrying it!!!
And my bag is not so big, it was like the Holy Spirit just filled the bag with His word and it came spilling out at even the slight interest, or rather, the great hunger, of these women!!

SO here is the sweetest part, she looked at the scripture with Jeremiah, and said, oh your name is Jeremiah!
I told her Jeremiah is the name of the prophet who spoke that word!!

And that my name is Joanne.

Oh, so now I see maybe why I wrote this post as my next post.  I have sensed partly in my break that I am to be more fully who I am, and yes, I am "Shayndel", but as that is not the name I go by, I sensed the LORD wants me to write from the name that I go by.

So this post is from Shayndel and I !!

Blessings and Shalom!
 Shabbat Shalom!


And adding the scripture for you!  In English and Japanese!

"For I know the plans I have in mind for you", declares the LORD, "plans for shalom and not calamity--to give you a future and a hope."   

Jeremiah 29:11


わたしは、あなたたちのために立ていた計画をよく心に留めている、と主は言われる。
それは平和の計画であって、災いの計画ではない。将来と希望を与えるものである。

エレミヤ書29:11





14 comments:

  1. Ha ha! But I want to call you Jeremiah! :-)

    So, are you back to blogging now? Welcome back, if so!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandi,
      Thank you for the welcoming!
      I may sign my next post Jeremiah Joanne Shayndel?!
      I think that means I'm back:)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful story. God used you in a mighty way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fijn dat je weer terug bent. Thank you for this story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you Aritha! All's well!
      Having a little technical issue with posting I need to overcome!! If you are moved to please lift up a prayer that I can navigate better with the "technology " things!! Something very simple, but I tend to shy away from it rather than challenge!!
      Making 4 challah from now!! Blessings and Love! Shabbat Shalom!!♡

      Delete
    2. Hope all's well with you too!! ♡♡♡
      Love in Messiah Yeshua!!

      Delete
  5. Welcome back Shayndel and Joanne. Whatever name you are called by or choose to go by, you are a delight to the Lord and to all those you come across including us here on the internet. Many blessings.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Joyful for the welcoming comment! Oh, that is so kind、 I am blessed and encouraged by your words! Many blessings! ♡

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how wonderful that the Holy Spirit wants to use you that way.
    How nice that you and Shayndel are back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hobbyloes,
      so encouraged by all the welcomes!!
      Much love!

      Delete