Thursday, December 13, 2018

The Light of the Pomegranate, Listen!







Out of them will come thanksgiving
and the sound of celebration.
I will multiply them, so they will not decrease.
I will also honor them,
so they will not be insignificant.      ---Jeremiah 30:19

After the last day of Hannukah, well a bout two days later, I came home to my apartment and on the door there was a bag, someone had left something for me.

I knew what it was as I could see the red fruit through the vinyl bag.

But it wasn't just one fruit, it was three.
Three pomegranates!!

It was a surprise.  No one has ever given me a gift of pomegranates before! Well, I shouldn't say that as every pomegranate is a gift from God.
No person had ever given me one.  So seeing three really made me so full of joy.

I knew what I had to do.

Make Pomegranate Challah!

Or rather Challot!!

One for my neighbor who gave me the pomegranate.
And it will also be my holiday "gift" to others in my family and in my life.

Time to get to work!!

This was a gift from God for sure, like the ear dream in an earlier post where He wanted me to see inside the ear, this time He wanted me to see the inside of His precious Messianic fruit!!

He wanted me to cut it from the top, and split open the sides, to see the abundant juicy red seeds filling its white cavities!!

I wasn't afraid as there were more if I did it "wrong"!  Up to now I did a very labor intensive way of taking out the seeds, but now I was seeing how to do it in a simpler way that just pops out the seeds almost at once.!!

I must say I hugged the bowl and looked into the multitude of God's goodness!!

But for now I have to go and deliver one challah to my neighbor, and prepare for Shabbat!!
Shabbat Shalom !!  This post be continued!!

Love,
Shayndel


12 seeds on top of each , and both filled with pomegranate
"jam" in the middle.  A Messianic Challah? A Covenant Challah!?  A Challah for Channukah!  A Challah for Joseph!  A love thy Neighbor Challah.  ALL for Yeshua♡
  ?  All of the above!!!











Let us go early to the vineyards;
Let us see if the vine has flowered,
If its blossoms have opened,
If the pomegranates are in bloom.

There I will give my love to you.
The mandrakes yield their fragrance,

At our doors are all choice fruits; 
Both freshly picked and long-stored
Have I kept, my beloved, for you.

Song of Songs 7:13~14










10 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful gift, beautiful photos and beautiful fruit. Since Your last post on pomegranate I bought 2 of them and they were a very good price (2 for $4 Canadian or 340 Japanese yen).
    I'm curious how you take out the seeds.I will cut mine in half and fill a bowl half full of water. Then I'll submerge the pomegranate halves one by one under the water and pluck out the seeds. I cannot wait to eat them :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joyful! Glory to God for His beautiful fruit!!
      I made you a drawing about how I cut it and took out the seeds! Isn't it wonderful there are different ways of seeing the patterns in the seeds depending on how you cut it! Under the water is a good idea. Please see here for my diagram sketch! I also posted it as a link as a "page" on the sidebar for you!. Its just a quick sketch, but hope it communicates. Hope you are enjoying the pomegranates! Amazing that the price is just about the same in Japan and Canada!! Blessings and Love!

      https://challahandcherryblossoms.blogspot.com/p/shayndels-tutorial-opening-pomegranate.html

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much for the tutorial. I've read and commented :-) Blessings and love to you too.

      Delete
    3. Thank you Joyful!!
      And you're welcome!

      Delete
  2. Yes indeed, what a beautiful gift from God, so special!
    Your challahs look great with the pomegranate seeds.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hobbyloes.♡
      To God be the Glory!
      Much love! Hugs!

      Delete
  3. Pomegranate is such a superb fruit! I always keep at least one in the fridge from one Rosh Hashana to the next Rosh Hashana as I believe it brings abundance. I still have to teach myself to use the seeds. I don't touch them as if they were divine or something like that. It's like the Hannuka candles, just to behold them not to use them in any way.And that's of course not true, not God's intention at all. You do the very right thing using them in your challa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Duta , yes they are a superb fruit! I am more and more enamoured with the pomegranate ! I like your idea of keeping one through the year from Rosh Hashana!! I agree with you for
    abundance, may it be an abundant and fruit-full year for you! I appreciate your insight of how to use them, I do sense that using them in the challah and giving them to others is a way to share God's goodness, so I am still continuing with using them for those purposes!! And delighting in the taste too!

    ReplyDelete