Monday, June 20, 2022

A Torah for Japan! Part 1: Torah of Life!



The righteous will flourish like a palm tree.
He will grow like a cedar in Lebanon.  Psalm 92:13
 
Florida Palm trees remind me of Shabbat Psalm, Psalm 92!

The Hebrew word `CHAI` from the Parsha Prayer Sheet in Vayechi

A Torah for Japan!

The island nations wait for Your Torah!   Isaiah 42:4

A Torah Scroll for Japan!! A Story in a few Parts and continuing...

I went back to the US for a visit in December to visit my Dad and celebrate his 90th Birthday.

On the way I attended a conference in Florida, where little unbeknownst to me I would be going back to Japan with a Torah Scroll!!

On my way to see my Dad I made a stop in Florida to attend a Messianic conference that was being held on my birthday! It seemed like a miracle that it was still in the middle of the pandemic and tough restrictions were in place, and yet the LORD opened up the door for me to go on this trip to see my Dad and have this stopover,  a gift from heaven in itself! 

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow.   Jacob (James) 1:17

The day I received the Torah was on the day of my birthday.  It was the Shabbat Parsha Vayechi.

The Parsha was significant because  this year Vayechi was on my birthday, Dec. 18.  Vayechi contains the Hebrew word `Chai` (חי‎) which means life, and is expressed in the  number 18.  Seeing this parsha for life on the 18th and it also being my birthday I knew there was something special on this day.  I felt in my spirit that `this Torah portion is for me`, like  a `Bat Mitzvah`portion!! As I never sensed that before, I was expectant, though not knowing just in what way!

The Torah will go forth from Zion and the word of God from Jerusalem

The Torah scroll came to Florida all the way from Jerusalem, with a young man named Israel and his family, who are active in ministry for the restoration of Israel.  I told a dear new friend who I had just met at the conference that when I saw the Torah, the LORD put it in my heart to bring the scroll back to Japan!  She was 100 percent in agreement, and even offered to co-partner with me in getting the Torah.  She wanted to bless the LORD in sending His word forth, and to bless Japan!!  It was decided that afternoon before the end of the Shabbat, that after Shabbat we would purchase the scroll together!! Israel wrapped it carefully as I would be on my journey to NY for the next part of my trip to see my Dad the next day!

I didn`t know how I was going to carry the scroll and my big suitcase that I had with me for a month-long trip!!  Even the suitcase alone was a challenge when making the various international and domestic transfers.  And yet I went forward in faith and knew that the LORD would carry it, and so He did!

HalleluYah! To be continued...

*from verse Micah 4:2, Isaiah 2:3 

Love, 

Shayndel

 

     

This photo is from a divine moment when someone unexpectedly jumped into the photo!! A moment itself can be a gift from heaven! If you do not recognize who it is, or even if you do, please enjoy and be blessed by this song below!!!


❤️❤️❤️

How majestic is Your Name
 
Chorus
There is none like You
There is none like You
Together we proclaim
The power of Your Name
There is none like You
https://lyricstranslate.com/ja/joshua-aaron-none-you-lyrics.html

 Song: There is None like You, by Joshua Aaron

(Thanks to Yeshua, it was a blessing to be able to hear live, as it is one of the songs he played at the conference)

How Majestic is Your Name in all the Earth!

 Chorus lyrics:

There is none like You

Together we proclaim

The power of Your Name,

There is None like You. 




How majestic is Your Name
 
Chorus
There is none like You
There is none like You
Together we proclaim
The power of Your Name
There is none like You
https://lyricstranslate.com/ja/joshua-aaron-none-you-lyrics.html
How majestic is Your Name
 
Chorus
There is none like You
There is none like You
Together we proclaim
The power of Your Name
There is none like You
https://lyricstranslate.com/ja/joshua-aaron-none-you-lyrics.html

8 comments:

  1. I couldn't take my eyes off your pictures with the Thora scroll for Japan.
    What an amazing story! Looking forward to more details about it.
    Congratulations on the birthdays of your Dad and yours!
    Lovely song with Joshua Aaron!
    Blessings and Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Duta!! You have such a gift for encouraging! I am encouraged from your enthusiastic comment to get to work on Part 2! Thank you for the congratulations and for listening to the song. Blessings and Hugs!❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were definitely blessed to be able to do this. God smiled down on you during your travels. Peace and blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Quiet Spirit. Amen. Glory to God.

    Yes, He was shining His countenance on me during my travels. He is with us always!!

    Your comment reminds me of that this morning, He is always with us. Much love and blessings to you!❤️

    May the LORD bless you and keep you, May the LORD shine His face upon you and be gracious to you. May He lift up His countenance upon you and give you Peace! (Numbers 6:24~26)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness!! My heart leapt when I read this! And again when I saw the photo!!!! Baruch Hashem ! (Yishka)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yishka. I smile to hear that about all the leaps!! May our hearts always rejoice in the LORD and all He is doing in our lives and in each moment!!
      Baruch Hashem!

      Shabbat Shalom! Love and blessings❤️

      Delete
  6. This was a beautiful post to read, and the song was lovely to hear - I will play it often in my work room. My mother was born of Jewish parents, and I have always loved everything associated with Israel. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brenda for your visit and kind comment! I am glad you were blessed by the post and enjoy the song. You may like some of his other songs too. I pray that God will touch your heart to want to connect in new ways to your Jewish heritage. God bless you. Shabbat Shalom!❤️

      Delete