Thursday, April 8, 2021

Holocaust Remembrance Day~ Remember

 



I will also set up a place for My people Israel and will plant them, so they may dwell in their own place and not be disturbed again.  Nor will the children of wickedness afflict them anymore as in the past, since that day I commanded judges to be over My people Israel.  So I will give you rest from all your enemies.   2Samuel 7:10~11 (from this week`s Haftarah reading)


Today is Holocaust Remembrance Day.  The task of eternal remembrance is given to us.  We must remember and not distort the memory of the atrocities that were done that led to the mass murder of six million Jewish people as well as around four hundred thousand non-Jews, and preserve their memory and their bravery through unimaginable circumstances that they endured.

In remembering may we also pray for our world and hearts of people that this terrible hatred and anti-Semitism which we still see will be eradicated.

Now Israel is a state where Jewish people can learn Hebrew and live the dream of having a Jewish state. 

May our people Jew and Gentile alike stand with the State of Israel in unity.  In prayer, in provision, in Love,  and honor the memory of our beloved brethren.

Much Love ❤️

Shayndel

 

 

 



6 comments:

  1. Great, significant post! Thanks, Shayndel.

    My parents and late brother were Holocaust survivors. My mother was together with a younger sister and a tiny girl of 1 year (my sister). Men were taken to work and separated from their family. Mother's girl and younger sister, both perished because of famine and sickness. I was born after the war and Holocaust, so I haven;t got the chance to know my aunt and sister. I don't even have a photo of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Duta, Thank you for your comment and sharing about your family, blessed be their beloved memory. My heart goes out to you for having such close family as survivors. My family came to the US from escaping the pogrums in Russia (from Ukraine, and areas of E. Europe). So they were in the US before the Holocaust. Your making aliyah is amazing. I hope one day to learn more of your story. I admire your courage and strength. God bless you! Much love!❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. We should certainly not forget the Holocaust, all those unimaginable atrocities that have happened to God's people, and others.
    God has promised that the Jews could return to Israel, and see, the state of Israel has been around for over 70 years. How good the Lord is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your thoughtful words, Hobbyloes.
    Amen! Praise God! His promises to Israel that came about in the birth of the State of Israel! May we help to usher in and even hasten all that are still yet to be fulfilled and pray for the Peace and restoration and Salvation of all Israel !Blessings and Shalom❤️

    ReplyDelete