Thursday, July 9, 2020

Parsha Chukat--Water from the Rock, Challah-Cast on a rainy day!!


Hydrangeas (above) are a flower of the rainy season in Japan.  Morning glories (on the patterned tenugui cloth below) bloom in summer, just after the rainy season


Then Israel sang this song,
"Spring up, O well!  Sing about it!"
The well the princes dug, 
that the nobles of the people sank
with their scepter and their staffs."

Numbers 21:17

I wasn`t going to do a Challah-cast this week, but reading Torah on a rainy week just gave me an idea at the last minute that welled up in me and it struck me that this might just be something I could put into a short upload for the week of Parsha Chukat!!

The scene, I was walking home from getting the flowers for Shabbat in the rain, and when I saw the rock wall of the Castle remains, surrounded by water with the rain adding water to the scene by the minute,  I thought of the rock and the water coming from the rock that we read about in this week`s parsha (of course now its already last week as by the time I put my thoughts down in a post!) .

In Parsha Chukat, after reading about the Statute of the Red Heifer, and the purification ritual involved,  we read about Moses hitting the rock to provide water for the Children of Israel.   The water comes forth, but on account of hitting the rock where he was told by God to speak to the rock, he and Aaron are told that they will not get to enter the Promised land.  In this parsha that is centered around water, I just felt some kind of connection as I walked home through the Castle where the stone wall and all the water  kept drawing me into thoughts of the parsha.  I took out my phone and just filmed my walk home on the spot, and that became the `drash` for this week!! (drash is a kind of `message` or thoughts about the week`s Torah Portion.) And as you know my drash-es always come with a dash of something of the challah, so I just put together a few thoughts with a few scenes of finishing the challah, and voila, a challah-cast it became!!!  A little `rough` and `on the spot`, but if you are moved to watch, hope it blesses you. 

In dry and barren times and in all times, May we all call on  The LORD, He is our Rock and our Salvation!! 
Love

Shayndel
Whole Wheat Challah recipe HERE and can also be found under challah recipes at side bar!!



note: Since I made the upload above, we have been in a week of severe weather conditions with rain and flooding and God spared us from our river overflowing and He stopped the rain from doing damage it could have caused.   Thank you for your prayers for Japan as the rains continue and move north.  Blessings and Love.
HERE is an extra *personal testimony upload* after this week, thanks and praise after the storm.  




I am a Rose of Sharon.
Song of Songs 2:1


S  H A B B A T       S H A L O M  !

♡ 




11 comments:

  1. Good to read. Beautiful photos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Aritha.
    Love and blessings♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both your narrative and your video on the subject of the water from the rock, are highly interesting and enjoyable!
    And as usual, the challah is the queen of the Sabbath table!
    I like your way of association: rain and water, the stone from the castle and the rock hit by Moses and Aharon.
    You're something girl!
    Shabbath Shalom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Duta! I am so glad it all communicated... and was enjoyable for you!! Blessed and encouraged by your watching and from your enthusiastic comment! Blessings and Shabbat Shalom! Shavu`a Tov!!♡

      Delete
  4. Blessings & shalom from Perth, Western Australia, Joanne .. love your Sharing:
    שלום, דוד, ת.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you David for your visit and words of encouragement! Blessings and Shalom!!

      Delete
  5. I loved the observation about the living water coming from the rock. Such a wonderful picture. I just learned about the torrential rainfall in Japan. Thank God Oita was safe and I pray the rain subsides very soon if it hasn't already. Stay safe my friend.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joyful! Its good to Praise the LORD in all times and give thanks for His Living Water!! Today the sun is out and it was really good to go out by the river and give Him thanks for keeping the river contained. Everything is in His hands!! THank you for your prayers and kind words ,Blessed by your watching the upload and your encouragement!!♡

      Delete
    2. Blessings and Peace to you in Yeshua!! xoxo

      Delete
  6. Love that verse at the end Song of Songs 2:4. Bring me to the banquet...His banner over me is love, love, love.

    "the Statute of the Red Heifer, and the purification ritual involved"

    I heard that 2 have been born recently in Israel. I heard it on a Youtube video.

    When it rained in your video I thought it had started raining here! 😂

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandi,
    Amen! His banner over us is love! Its one of my favorites too!

    Thank you for sharing about the Red Heifer.

    Thank you for watching the video! And for sympathetically experiencing the rain:)

    Blessings and Shalom!!♡

    ReplyDelete