Saturday, May 25, 2019

Sparrows in the walls of Jerusalem! and some diary notes

view from the window of the hotel in Jerusalem, first morning

 When I got to Jerusalem, it was night.

I arrived a day before the group I would be meeting, and took a car service that night from Tel Aviv to the hotel in Jerusalem.  I had heard an impression before I went to Israel that as soon as you are off the plane, you can feel the presence of God  immediately!   When I got off the plane and into the the   airport, I was all set and ready for a revelation.    I wasn't quite prepared for the sense of modern feeling it was like being in Long Island or JFK.  Even on the highway!!  Except I started to feel a new anticipation on the highway to see the signs were to Jerusalem!!

 It was amazing to be there and at the same time, I was having a little disconnect and longed to experience His presence, even though of course I know He is always with me.

The first impression of "God is here" came in the morning!
I woke up to the sound of birds singing, and looked out the window from the hotel room.  There was an Israeli flag and just beyond it I saw the song was coming from little sparrows.  There were sparrows in the holes of the walls and perched on the gaps in the stones!

Look closely! Can you see the sparrows on the ledges and in the holes?!

Sparrows in the walls of Jerusalem!!

As you all know I had been looking at sparrows before I left, and felt God was speaking to me of my relationship with my husband through them, as he loves feeding and watching sparrows, and here the first thing I saw that connected me so closely to Him were the sparrows!!  All the way in Jerusalem!

From that day on, everywhere we went on the tour I saw sparrows!! From the old city of Jerusalem to the Garden of Gethsemane,  through Yeshua's headquarters town of Capernaum, and all the way up to the Sea of Galilee...

 It was so sweet and loving the way they would just fly or jump in little steps onto a scene.   Even here in the Holy Land of Israel, God speaks to us and choreographs our moments with Him in the intimate language of His great Love, and it is unique for each and every person.
 
My second impression of "God is here" was at the hotel breakfast!!
Sheep yogurt!
Huge Dates!
Halavah!
Date Honey, Tahini, perfectly grainy bread, Grapes!!

Next, from my diary,  next "God is here moment" in Jerusalem---I love you Lord---reading Your word is dif-fer-ent! You are in it even more!! Your word is more near!!

Day 23 (of the counting of the Omer), went out to the balcony for "Mariv" , evening prayer.  Thought which way do I face to face Jerusalem??

And then had an "aha!"  I'm in Jerusalem!!

So I faced the Mt. of Olives, because that is where Yeshua is coming!!



Photo here:  Jerusalem sunrise from the hotel balcony, facing east

PHoto here:  a sparrow up close and personal

(having some technical difficulties with photo so will post those to follow!)

question here:  Whether in Jerusalem or in your own backyard, how do you experience those specially touching and connective "God is here" moments?  And how do you handle those times when you are feeling disconnected and eagerly awaiting?






4 comments:

  1. I love thinking about the feeling you must have had seeing the sparrows in the walls of Jerusalem after just having written on your blog about the sparrows. God is so good. I always experience touching moments of God's majesty when I look out my windows at the mountains and sky and the things growing outside my home and when I take a walk. I am always connected to our Creator then for sure and other times in worship and in hearing the testimony of others as well as reading the Word. When I am feeling disconnected, I try to create quiet times and do the things above but it can be challenging at times. We all go through it. Blessings and love my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Joyful for your sweet and thoughtful words and sharing!! So touched by your understanding and in agreement with all you wrote about connecting, the joys and the challenges.
    Amen, God is so good! Blessings and love to you my friend.♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. Believing in God is to feel God is with me all the time, every moment. I don't need sparrows or certain food to feel God's presence. God is in everything,everywhere, including our soul and mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen! So true! Thank you Duta for that, yes, knowing His presence in everything and everywhere!! How marvelous He Is! Blessings and love! ♡

    ReplyDelete