Monday, November 26, 2018

Momiji and Joseph's coat of many colors


underneath the red canopy, were all the colors of autumn!



The colors made me think of this week's Torah reading about Joseph and his coat of many colors

Now Israel loved Joseph best of all his sons, for he was the child of his old age; and he made him a coat of many colors.
--Genesis 37:3 



That morning I had shared about Joseph in an English class, and used the lyrics to this song
The very same tree, here orange (above, view under the canopy), here red (below, view from the path), and in between, all the colors of autumn






How sweet is the light, 
what a delight for the eyes to behold the sun!

Ecclesiastes 11:7
Today when I saw this Momiji tree (Japanese maple)  I went up closer to it so I could see
its beautiful red coat.    Under its canopy there were every color of the autumn leaves, red and yellows and orange and greens.  The most beautiful momiji
I'd ever seen. I sat down underneath its leaves, looking up and marveling at the colors,
its exquisite sublimity.
Just this morning I had Joseph's song
on my heart so all the colors gave me a start to think of how
Joseph didn't try to hide the colors that he had inside.
 The afternoon light came in through the leaves.
I made this little quick sketch and share it for you if you would like to
 color Joseph's coat in the color of the leaves!! Enjoy!

As the upcoming season approaches and the celebration of the miracle of light at Hannukah brings increasing light into the darkening days,  shine your light in all you do!!

Here is a prayer if you would like to,  pray it for  loved ones! (Put the name of the one you are praying for)
May............let his/her light shine before men so they may see his/her good works and glorify your Father in heaven.     ---Matthew 5:16
Blessings and Shalom! 

Love,

Shayndel



PS after posting this I showed the photos to someone, my Japanese teacher, and he told me that the momoji leaves change color in stages, and eventually all the leaves will turn the same red as the outer canopy of red, and then they fall off the tree.  This shows what a city girl I am, I hadn't realized that they will all change to red.   I'm a little embarrassed, but at the same time  the moment had a certain excitement in the not knowing...
 It seemed a miracle that there were all those colors on one tree with an outside canopy color, and then a whole world of colors unseen inside the canopy!!  As I experienced it (in my innocence or naivety about how things in nature work!!) it was  like God gave me the chance to witness that miracle and His hand on the whole thing!!  Which is what it is to see the changing colors, isn't it!!!  More than a PS, rather a Pretty Sensational!!! He is amazing!!  Give thanks to the Creator of Heaven and Earth!  Enjoy the colors of where you are.♡



15 comments:

  1. Thank you quietspirit!
    I probably should note, all the photos are of one tree!!
    I found out something today, that the colors change under the tree and eventually they all become red, and then fall off, but at that moment when I took the pictures, it was all colors!! I am such a city girl, I didn"t know that!!! Anyway, I think I will add that on the post! Blessings and thank you for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a multicolored tree, He who created the world has made everything so wonderfully beautiful.
    Our Benjamin is very fond of this story, especially when it is written: father Jacob loves Joseph and later he loves Benjamin the most!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you hobbyloes. Amen!
    Thank you for sharing about Benjamin. That is so sweet to hear!! If you think he might like the Joseph picture, please do print it for him to color and leave space for him to draw Benjamin:) ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a very nice idea, thank you.
      By the way, the name of Benjamin's dad is also Jacob!♥

      Delete
    2. Thank you hobbyloes.
      You`re welcome.
      I love that about Jacob♡ Enjoy!!

      Delete
  4. "...what a delight for the eyes to behold the sun!"

    Amen to that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet word 'momiji'!
    The tree is a marvel from God.
    We've got many things on the topic of Joseph's coat: a play, a musical,songs..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Duta, Thanks for noticing the word. It is an adored word and tree this time of year in Japan, like cherry blossoms are to spring, momiji is to fall!

      and Amen!

      Funny you should mention the musical, the song lyrics to "Joseph's Coat" are in one of the pictures!! Is the musical popular in Israel?? I hadn't known about it until the other day!

      Delete
  6. You're asking: do you light a Menorah Aritha? My answer: no. I haven't one. So please, you can tell me about the very simple ways to make one. But you know: I am not Jewish :) I translated a post for One For Israel about Chanoeka into Dutch. You can read it on Friday on my blog. I shall give you the link to the English version. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aritha.
      Ok! I will tell you the simple ways to make a menorah. Please wait a little for the reply, I will either make a post or send a link!
      Would be wonderful if you would like to make one!!
      Its for everyone to enjoy Hannukah and share in the joy and Light and celebrate the miracles that God performed!! I look forward to reading your blog about Hannukah!! Thank you!! xoxo

      Delete
    2. Hi Aritha, following up I just posted a link on my sidebar PAGES to a great post on His Israel, where they prepared a DIY Hannukah guide. In the first few pages you can find the simple DIY Menorahs!! xoxo
      https://his-israel.com/2018/11/23/diy-hannukah/

      Delete
  7. I love what you are writing about the colors of that tree. And about Joseph's coat. Thanks for it.

    ReplyDelete