Sunday, August 26, 2018

PS Rainbow cakes and kugel





The Shabbat table stayed festive even as the week began.  A small gathering with friends we hadn`t seen for a long time became a kind of Elul snack party, and as my daughter won`t be here for the Fall Feasts, I made a few recipes that are traditional for the holidays like Classic Kugel and Rainbow Cakes.  Everyone seemed to like them. Where I grew up in New York,  kugel and rainbow cakes can be found in all the Jewish delis and bakeries.  But of course you can't find those here in Japan, at least not where we live.   I remember when my daughter was little I started craving Jewish foods, and as there was no place to get them,  so I started baking.  The rainbow cakes are fun to make, and it comes out as a surprise to taste them and all it once there is that Jewish bakery taste!

Blessings and Shavu`a Tov, have a great week!








4 comments:

  1. The baking looks absolutely delicious. I've never tried rainbow cake but I've had kugel and I love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Joyful! I `bolded` the words that link to the recipes, if you or any readers are inspired to try them! ♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughter and your friends are lucky to sample your baked goods. I'm overwhelmed by your many skills.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Duta always for your kind words and encouraging comments.
    God Bless you.
    Much love!

    ReplyDelete