Thursday, December 22, 2016

Hannukah Miracles






This is my first year to celebrate Hannukah since I was a child.
I am making a menorah and dreidels out of paper clay, feeling the excitement of Hannukah approaching!.
I remember the song, Dreidel, dreidel dreidel I made it out of clay...but I never really made a dreidel until today!

As I make the paper clay menorah and dreidels I have a whole new understanding of this very special festival of Light.   I always knew and heard about the reason we celebrate this holiday for the miracle of the oil lasting eight days in the temple, which is indeed a miracle.  But there is something I never knew when I was a child.  That is, I have come to know and believe in the miracle of our Messiah Yeshua, Light of the World.  He is the Saviour.  He is the LORD!  When we light the middle candle, the shamash, it is His Light that lights all the others!  I pray that this holiday season many people will see the Light of Messiah Yeshua and receive Him into their lives!!  

 Yeshua spoke to them again saying, "I am the light of the world.  The one who follows Me will no longer walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."  ---John 8:12

Happy Hannukah and may you have a beautiful and light-filled holiday!! 


 Here in Japan, Playing dreidel game with chocolate `Yen` gelt!!!




Believe in the light while you have the light, so that you may become children of light.
---John 8:12


In these days leading up to Channukah, may we re-dedicate our hearts and our selves to serving ADONAI, to bring glory to Him in all we do, and to a season filled with the LIGHT of Messiah Yeshua reaching into all our hearts and nations!!Shayndel

No comments:

Post a Comment