Thursday, June 10, 2021

He brought me to the House of Wine! Exciting insight in Song of Songs 2:4 (and `answers` to last week quiz!)


For friends who know Hebrew, you will soon see the error in my hand-writing in the first line of this verse (Song of Songs 2:4)  where the word should be  היין and you will see there is a missing stroke in the `Hey` (see image above) .  This is a mistake I made one year ago and the Holy Spirit so graciously waited to correct me ! (read post below for the story!) And if you don`t know Hebrew, please follow along and enjoy as the insights may get you drunk on the Holy Spirit!!!

In progress (image above and below), corrected the letter `Hey`



 Part 1

 the ` House of the Wine! `

הֱבִיאַנִי אֶל-בֵּית הַיָּיִן, וְדִגְלוֹ עָלַי אַהֲבָה

 He brought me to the house of the wine and 

His banner over me is Love ~~ 

Literal translation of Song of Songs 2:4

 Do you recognize the verse above in  Song of Songs? Hint, it is the verse in the postcard in post below, and looking at a literal translations, you see the words  `The house of Wine!!`

I found the word for `banquet` is literally  `wine` or, as used in the verse, the wine!!

בֵּית הַיָּיִן

I discovered this through the drawing in the postcard below!! I made the drawing at least a year ago , during the week of Parsha Shelach Lecha, and...

God waited patiently to reveal to me that I had made a mistake in the Hebrew! 

I was surprised to discover it when working on the postcard with my AHAVA collaborator and prayer partner,Aimei.  It was last week, in the very same week of Shelach Lecha.  

During our meeting, I discovered I had left out one stroke in the letter `hey` and so it looked like a `dalet`.  

I hadn`t even noticed it for a whole year until we were working on the postcard the other day!! And because of it I found out the word there is `wine`!!!  To be honest, when I originally wrote out the verse I was just `copying` the letters for my Hebrew practice and wasn`t focused on the words themselves.

In showing me the error now,   He `brought me to the banquet table` to commune with Him and enter the verse and showed me the word `wine`!! 

As you can see in our faces in the little zoom picture, we both got excited about this, it was like a live moment of gracious correction and revelation by the Holy Spirit!!  

Also God reveals to us in our yearly study of Torah how when we come back to the same Torah portion year after year and pray from the scriptures, He is fine tuning us to align with Him and to get things right and oh how He guides us in his LOVING ways!!!

Then I searched the verse a little more and found another word,  that we often see as `table` is actually `beit` which is `House`!! or other meanings, Household, or even family.

So this expression in that moment we saw this verse with a new interpretation, to us like `Family, or Household of Wine` and since Wine brings us to the `Vine`, and abiding in Messiah Yeshua,  we saw it as `He brought us to the Family of Messiah!`  or the table of the family of Messiah.  It was so meaningful as He showed us this `corporate` interpretation as a `family` or even `household` in Messiah as we abide in His love and in His word!! And this is our preparation as His bride as the whole body,or family, of Messiah(not forgetting of course the song of songs is a wedding song!)

I hope you might get excited about that as we did! Or even a little bit! And that this insight blesses you as we come into approaching Shabbat again this week and approach His `table` and coming together with Him in the Family of Messiah.

Part 2

 `Answers` to quiz in post below

where I asked if anyone could find the scripture references that are hinted at in the postcard from the Parsha Shelach Lecha.

They are

1.  Big Grapes! 

 They reached the wadi Eschol, and there they cut down a branch with a single cluster of grapes--it had to be borne on a carrying frame by two of them -- and some pomegranates and figs.  That place was named the wadi Eschol because of the cluster that the Israelites cut down there.  Numbers 13:23~24

The big grapes on the table is a reference to the `big grapes` that were brought back by the spies to show the abundance of produce in the Promised Land!

 

2.  Challah

You shall make a gift to the LORD from the first yield of your baking, throughout the ages.   Numbers 15:21

The mitzvot of Challah is given in this parsha! Hence two big loaves of fluffy challah are on the `banquet table` of the LORD in this picture!!  May we give ourselves fully to Him from our heart!

 3.  Tzitzit

see Numbers 16:37, commandment for Tzitzit!

You can see the prayer shawl or `talit` on the one in the picture.  Who is depicted in the picture? Its up to you, I see it as representing the Holy Spirit and the little girl (me?! you?!) dining and delighting in Yeshua`s love!! 

4.  The House of Wine and His banner of Love!

Now you know the verse that this refers to, though it is not in the parsha per se, the whole Torah and all of God`s word is an expression of His Love and an invitation to His table and to abide in Him!!!

Yeshua says, Abide in my Love!!! That is what I learned from this parsha study and every day as we `come to the house of wine` under His banner of AHAVA, Love!!

Blessings and AHAVA! 

Shabbat Shalom!!

❤️

Shayndel (Joanne)

 

welome Holy Spirit!!

 

PS, today is a few days after I posted this, it is June 12, 2021... I just found the `original` postcard, HERE along with a sweet story about it!!.... amazingly it was not a year ago as I thought but it was 3 years ago!!!! To the day!!! (June 12, 2018!!!)  God is patient, He is kind!! His LOVE is everlasting!

 

9 comments:

  1. Exciting story about the 'wine' and your spelling error! I greatly admire your search for accuracy, and your deep belief in God's revealings.
    Shabbath Shalom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Duta for sharing in my excitement. And for your kind encouragements always!! Shabbat Shalom! And as we are a little ahead in the time zone, Shavu`a Tov!!❤️

      Delete
  2. Shabbat shalom! You are pretty serious in stuydying Hebrew, right? I did a conversation class when we lived in Southern California and I have been to israel many time, but I find it hard to pick up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marja, Shabbat Shalom! Wow, thanks for sharing about your Hebrew study and time in Israel! I am learning Biblical Hebrew, Hope you might be encouraged to give it a try again, as you would be so blessed in your study of the Psalms! BTW Biblical Hebrew might be easier to pick up than Conversational Hebrew, from what I understand. Blessings!!❤️

      Delete
  3. PS from the author
    Post update! PS, today is a few days after I posted this, it is June 12, 2021... I just found the `original` postcard, HERE along with a sweet story about it!!.... amazingly it was not a year ago as I thought but it was 3 years ago!!!! To the day!!! (June 12, 2018!!!) God is patient, He is kind!! His LOVE is everlasting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice post. I learned a lot!

    ReplyDelete