Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Drawing ministry story


I was reading a book called the Transforming Journey  and having coffee at the pool lobby, late this afternoon after swimming.
I saw a little girl, she was so sweet and smiled at me and I asked her if she likes to draw.  She said yes.  I invited her to pick a postcard she likes from my `collection` ( I always carry around a selection of the Postcards you see here on this blog to give to people when the chance arises), and she picked one of the recent ones, the one in a post a few posts down with the SHALOM and the girl with the blue hydrangea ball and the scripture from Jeremiah 31.

I asked if she wanted to draw something on the other side of the postcard.  Her mom came near us and encouraged her.   I gave the little girl a pen.  The little girl was so shy at first.  She could speak a few words of English, which surprised me as she is only 5, it was so cute how she said `Hi`.

Soon she loosened up and wrote her name in Hiragana (Japanese alphabet), and drew a flower.  She looked at my postcards for what to draw next, and she then kept adding to her drawing---she drew herself and she drew...me!  ... and grapes!  And Mt. Fuji!  And three butterflies, a tree, the sun and a rainbow.   We had a nice time together.  Her mom too enjoyed it.   She was so precious, her little hands holding my pen and  when she drew herself she drew little lines on the hands, as she counted   and drew in 5 fingers so carefully on each hand!! When she pretty much drew everywhere she could on the postcard, her mom told her to say `thank you`, and she did.  I asked her and her mom if it would be ok if I read to them what the English words say, and they said ok.   I read these words that I had written on the post card from Jeremiah 31:
"Yes, I have loved you with and everlasting Love.  
Therefore, I have drawn you with lovingkindness. "   --Jeremiah 31:2(3)
The little girl really seemed to be listening attentively. She knows the word LOVE, as it was written on her t-shirt, and she then held up the postcard and  tried reading the words herself!!! It looked like she was really reading it, you know how a child sometimes does that and sort of imitates an adult reading but she couldn`t really read it... except she did read LOVE and then she really wanted to read `everlasting` and made sounds for the other words, as if she was reading, her little lips moving so delicately.  Even though she is only 5 and hardly speaks English it was as if these words from God`s Word were really speaking to her!! And she was wanting to `speak ` them out loud.

It was such a sweet moment with her.

 I  don`t have a photo, but if you can imagine, please do, can you see her, she is such a preciously drawn child of God!  With her little black bangs and bob haircut and her hand holding the pen, as she sat kneeling at the low table and drawing all the things she knew how, and oh the grapes were sooooo sweet!  I asked if she know what the `challah` shapes were, and she didn`t know, but then I told her its a kind of bread and they said it looks delicious!! Then they recognized the challah in another drawing, so it was fun too to see that they learned a little that there is such a thing as challah.

So I will just leave you with another drawing,  my drawing of the grapes, the Big Grapes from the Land of Israel!! She looked and saw the grapes in this postcard,  and then drew grapes on hers!! And funny, this drawing is from yesterday, before I met the girl.  And  I just realized is of a little girl sitting at the Banquet Table of God, and funny, how today  I was sort of the `big person` at the table with the drawings spread out, ministering the Father`s love to her!!  Thank you Father, wink wink to the Holy Spirit because He was making me laugh so much yesterday over the big grapes in my picture!! May laughter and joy be the key today.  AHAVA, Love, Shayndel


He brought me to His banquet table,
His banner over me is Love.

--Song of Songs 2:4





12 comments:

  1. Very nice and touching. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely story witnessing of the Holy Spirit's work. A beautiful drawing and scripture. His banner was over you, the little girl and the mother as you ministered God's love in the pool lobby. Shalom Shayndel each and every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you A.R.T. for visiting and reading the story. You ministered to me with your encouraging words and comment.
      Blessings and Shalom to you too in every day!

      Delete
  3. I particularly enjoyed this story because my oldest granddaughter, Susanna, share an art journal that travels from our homes to each other! Sometimes I include a scripture. Once, I traced my hand across the page with these words: See, I have written your name on the palms of my hands. ISA 49:16a. I am always looking for ideas, too! God bless and keep you, Shayndel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary! That is so sweet about your art journal with your granddaughter Susanna. Beautiful with the scripture on the drawing of your hand, and such a blessing for you both. I am inspired by your ideas and project too!! God bless you and keep you and all your family in His great Love!!♡

      Delete
  4. I love moments like these! If we just open our hearts and minds he is all around us. It makes me sad that some people can't see his hands in things. The other day a famous actress who is Jewish made a facebook post that yes , she believes in God and she blieves in sciense as she is now a scientist. She said that God is science and I would agree with that, but it made me said that she said, but no I don't believe if you pray for God to help you with something such as finding your keys or somethign else that he will help you. It makes me sad that she doesn't think he can't help with the simplest things such as finding keys. I think he is capable of helping us with big and with the little things. I am glad you had this sweet exhange. May God watch over and protect you all your days. Thank you for having the courage to share his message.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kellyn for your comment and visiting and sharing. I like that about `seeing God`s hand in all things`. I receive your encouraging words and blessing. Praying the same for you too! May God bless you and watch over you and protect you and your family in all your days!!♡

      Delete
  5. The ability to draw a picture is a God's given gift.You've certainly got it, and should ever be thankful to Him for that.
    The story with the girl and her Mum is precious; it represents the young generation of gifted people, those of lucky God given abilities in life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Duta! Yes, I am thankful! Just hope I can use the gift well and bring Glory to Him. I am glad you enjoyed the story about the girl. I know that not all parents encourage their children`s creativity, and that is so important and life-giving to a child, so I was happy to see the mom so involved and encouraging. Many blessings to you and may you use all your gifts every day for God`s glory!! You have a special gift for encouraging and seeing the good in people and that really is a wonderful thing, and so nourishing to the one who receives it!! I know you have many more gifts too, but that is one that shines thru always in your posts and comments!!Blessings and Love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a sweet story and what a wonderful opportunity to witness to the little girl and her mother. It seems the HS gave you your last drawing just before you met the little one. It perfectly captured the little girl's desire to know of an everlasting love. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Joyful, thanks, that is really true about the drawing being for her! Its funny how it featured a little girl like that and I met her at a table. Did you know the word on top in Hebrew writing is AHAVA, it means `Love`, and probably because of the depth of Hebrew language, maybe has the nuance of an everlasting love, yes! I`m so happy this story communicated, and thank you to everyone for sharing your heart(s) in these comments. Blessings and AHAVA, not just any love, by an everlasting love of our Eternal Father and King!!♡

    ReplyDelete