Wednesday, March 17, 2021

A special Delivery, out of the box!

 

I got a special delivery, it was from my daughter and her school class from college.

I haven`t been able to see my daughter since over a year due to the restrictions on travel.     I also haven`t met my US family.  Thankfully we have the technology like Zoom and e-mail and we can stay connected.

For my daughters college class, they had planned from their 2nd year an exhibit ,  but because of not gathering or holding public events, they had to think out of the box if they were to do it.

And that is what they did!

They packed their exhibit in a box for `delivery` to send it .  The title of the project would translate something like `Lost child in Tokyo`.  They expressed the difficulty of this unusual stay at home year as well as the creative power that they found through the challenge.  They used crowd funding to ask people to support their project, and `sent` the exhibit by delivery to the supporters! 

 They are young college students who shared what it was like to see a huge metropolis of Tokyo completely shut down in what seemed an instant.  They took photos of empty spaces and places and showed us their view of Tokyo during this `shutdown`year.

I am sure we are many who are looking forward to seeing our family members who we haven`t seen in a long time.   I hope this post encourages you to think out of the box, and connect with those you love!!๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–

 


6 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! A very creative idea. I think this will be like a history book one day. People will remember what it was like and show their kids the photos. One day no one will be able to imagine the whole world shut down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a great idea: both the crowd funding and the box-delivered exhibit. It should be very interesting to see
    photos of Tokyo during the shutdown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Duta!
      Yes,and with the photos there was some essays too of their impressions so we can get a picture in that way too.๐Ÿ’•

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful idea for a class project. I can't imagine how quiet Tokyo must have been especially immediately after the pandemic was announced. I did know you probably were unable to visit your family in the USA but I hadn't realized that you haven't seen your dear daughter for a year. I too haven't seen family members for as long and it will obviously be even longer before we are able to get together again. In Kenya and in much of Africa business has been carrying on as per usual and people are congregating in the usual numbers since lockdown measures were lifted. Kenya has so many more people than my own province and yet our Covid numbers are almost equal. It might have to do with the much warmer temperatures in Kenya. Sadly the President of Tanzania died within the last day due to heart problems brought on by Covid 19. Several other politicians have died on the continent yet I think many people still don't think the virus is real. Let's continue to keep praying for people to be protected from the virus. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joyful! Yes, the `kids` really expressed it well, as I too didn`t know how it was so the delivery exhibit gave me a glimpse as I haven`t been able to travel there, as well as a glimpse into my daughter`s heart. Praise God, He `delivers` ways for us to connect as He hears our hearts when our families are in a season of being far apart!! I hope you will get to see your family soon too! Thank you for the update about Kenya. Yes, agreeing in prayers for the people`s protection from the virus. May the whole nation and government there be redeemeed and return to the Salvation in Yeshua who is our shield and protector and by His stripes we are healed!!! He is the LORD Kenya`s healer!! Much Love, God Bless๐Ÿ’•

      Delete