Saturday, May 9, 2020

Shabbat and the Beloved-- an unexpected sequel to the Raisin Cakes!



This was an unexpected sequel!! I hadn't expected the raisin cakes to continue into the next Shabbat, but that is the beauty of studying Torah with the Holy Spirit guiding.   From my raisin cakes adventure, He led me to the scripture in Song of Songs,


Sustain me with raisin cakes for I am weak with love.
Song of Songs 2:5

It is a Jewish tradition to read the Song of Songs before the Shabbat or on the eve of Shabbat, and there are many beautiful "wedding" associations with the Shabbat and that special and appointed time with our King and Beloved.  Actually I love this tradition of reading it on Friday evening of Shabbat.  When I got to that line this time,  it was exciting to have the "actual" real life connection to the raisin cakes on the Shabbat table! So from there the exploration continued and if you are ready for part 2, please enjoy the newest "Challah-cast" below!! And thank you so much for watching and commenting on Part 1! I am so blessed by your watching, and love hearing what spoke to you.  I hope they might be an encouragement for those who watch, and in turn I am so encouraged by what you share and when it "expands" into a discussion!!.

Meanwhile, amazing already a whole week has gone by since this part 2!!
If you are reading on the parsha cycle, this week we are already nearing the end of the book of Leviticus, in parsha Emor.

And now,  will there be a raisin cakes part 3?! Or will we be making challah again soon?!
Stay tuned!!

And counting!!  Today is 30 days of the Omer.

Blessings and Shabbat Shalom!!  Love ♡ Shayndel


>



13 comments:

  1. What a beautiful, amazing line (Song of Songs 2:5)! And how true about the raisin cake - it's sustainable, victorious, attractive!
    The reading of this verse is a joy on any day, not only on Sabbath.
    You're great in the videos, Shayndel!
    (My computer is not, so the sound is not good. I'm about to buy a new one, but I delay).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Duta! I am so glad you share my enthusiasm with the verse and the raisin cakes!! Yes, the verse and all the song a joy on any day! Amen!
      About the sound, it may not be completely your computer. I have been told by others too that sometimes the sound is hard to hear, especially when outdoors, I need to work on it!! Anyway, hope you will be able to hear the whole sound when you have it!! Thanks always your encouragement! Blessings and Shavu'a Tov!! ♡

      Delete
  2. I like the idea of reading the Song of Songs at Shabbat. That is a very wonderful tradition. I also like your elucidation on the purpose of Shabbat and the verse in the Song of Songs about love and raisin cakes. I know you just come through Shabbat in Japan. I pray you had a truly blessed time. Hugs. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joyful! Yes, isn't it a beautiful tradition!! Thank you so much for watching, and for your prayers!! Yes it was a wonderful Shabbat!! I will sent some of the raisin cakes to my daughter!! If King David only knew how he would inspire a love-struck believer all these years later!! LOL!!!! Blessed weekend to you dear Joyful!!Let us delight in HIS Love and be nourished by it!! Hugs! Love and raisin cakes!! xoxo

      Delete
  3. How nice that the Song of songs is read on every Shabbat, it is a beautiful separate book in the Bible about Christ and His Bride.
    As a tradition we read 2 chapters in sequence every day.
    How very sweet that you send raisin cakes to your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hobbyloes for your comment and sharing about how you read the Song of Songs. Praise God.
      Its my first time sending the raisin cakes. Thank you for mentioning it. I hope she likes them!!
      Blessings and Love and Shalom♡

      Delete
  4. Thank you for your sweet response, yes Psalm 23 is so encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bless you, Joanne!

    Did you notice the little boy at the beginning? Ha ha 😂 So sweet. He totally stole the show!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Sandi!
    Yes, I did notice him, but not until after did I realize how much he appeared in the camera!! I thought so too, it was so sweet he was kind of peeking in to see what was going on, and seemed to stay near!! Like a little mascot of encouragement on this one!! Bless you too Sandi!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A sonnet for you:

    RAISIN-CAKES

    The vine had budded, blossomed and produced
    Its grapes; they had been picked, and dried and pressed
    And brought to David’s men, where they conduced
    To show the graces Abigail expressed.
    So some were given to the Egyptian slave
    In his distress, so that his soul grew strong;
    As brought back from the frontier of the grave,
    He led against those who did David wrong.

    Thus David, when he came to celebrate
    The ark of God borne to a settled place
    Gave with the bread and wine, to show his joy,
    A raisin-cake as token of God’s grace.

    And now sustaining food from the True Vine
    Through grace and pressure may be yours and mine!

    Genesis 40 10-11
    1 Samuel 25: 18
    1 Samuel 30: 12
    1 Chronicles 16: 3
    John 15: 1

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful!1
    I am so blessed by your sonnet.
    Thank you!!
    Praise God!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. " A raisin cake as token of God's grace"
      this line really touches my heart! Thank you for this.
      Blessings and strength to you in Christ

      Delete