Sunday, February 9, 2020

First Blossoms, Shabbat of Song, A new Challah-cast, and Happy Tu B'shevat!!

Plum blossoms, and can you see , the "Tu B'shevat" moon?! 
Thou in Thy love hast led the people that Thou hast redeemed; Thou hast guided them in Thy strength to Thy holy habitation.        
                                                          Exodus 15:13

This Shabbat is known as the Shabbat of Song.
I love the sound of that, and the readings in the book of Exodus and the book of Judges this week that contain the Song of Miriam and the Song of Deborah.  Joyful and Triumphant songs of Praise and Redemption!!!  Isn't it amazing how Miriam had her timbrels all packed and ready on the Exodus, she was so confident of the Victory that would be seen from the mighty hand of God that she had all her worship instruments ready to take out and break out into leading the women in song and dance!! Praise God!! He is mighty!! The horse and rider He has thrown into the sea!!

In this week's Parsha, Parsha Beshalach we are also introduced to the manna which God sends down to the Children of Israel.  I love this parsha for the song, for the freedom, for the manna!!!

I talk about the manna and God as our provider in this week's Challah-cast.  You can see it  at the end of post or HERE   if you are moved to please do watch and to  let me know any comments!! I am trying to find a good balance between Torah and Challah, and each week's continues to be a learning experience  how to put it together.  You may notice in this one, I mostly talk! I do hope to include more of the challah-making as I go along and can find the good way to set it up!! I did some scenes this time but as I kept talking I was adding more and more flour and I lost my concentration on the challah, so I didn't include those scenes this time!!
Enjoy if you do have a chance to watch.

This Shabbat also comes around the time of the first blossoms of spring!!   The first blossoms we see here in Japan are Plum Blossoms, called UME (pronounced u-may) in Japanese.  I have a special love for these first blossoming trees and how their opening also corresponds to the season in which  the holiday of Tu B'Shevat is celebrated in Israel. 

Tu B'Shevat is the new year for trees!!

The trees start to 'wake up' as the sap and movements that we can't see yet begin to be activated from underground that gives rise to the opening of beautiful flowering blossoms!!  We can also tap into that creative unleashing in ourselves as we ask the LORD to help us to reach our creative potential and use our gifts for His glory.  May we all blossom in our gifts and use them for His glory!!

Blossoms appear in the land.  The time for singing has come.
Song of Songs...

Happy Tu B'Shevat !!!  Take a walk around, admire the blossoms!
Sing a song of Praise to the maker of all Creation, to the Redeemer who set us free so that we can worship Him!!! What a wonderful purpose to have!!!

๐ŸŽตThe LORD is my Strength and my Song! And He has also become my Salvation*!๐ŸŽถ
*my Yeshua!! ♫
 Under the blossoms, so fragrant,  I want to say, Thank you LORD for you are my Strength and my Song.  And you  have become my Salvation!!!  Thank you for saving me!! Creating me!  Setting me free!!  You are my Messiah, My Yeshua, and I love YOU!

Blessings and love!

Shayndel (aka "Joanne" on the Challh-cast!!)





A tambourine  as part of the table setting for the Shabbat of Parsha Beshalach and the Shabbat of Song!! To remember Miriam leading the women with timbrels and the Songs of Praise !!



The very first Plum Blossom this year!!



8 comments:

  1. Beautiful blossoms!

    What are the white poles around the plum tree in the video?

    I blessed you! ๐Ÿ˜Š

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandi! Glory to God!

      The white poles are for support and balance and probably encouraging the direction of how the branches grow. (I think that is what they are for!)

      I bless you too! Thanks for watching to the end:))♡

      Delete
  2. I just clicked on the Wilbur Ministries post about the Trump peace plan in Israel, over to the right on your sidebar. Thanks for that! It was good to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandi! Glad you found that good to read!!
      May Peace be upon Israel and all the world!!

      Pray for the peace of Jerusalem; May those who love you be at peace. Psalm 122:6
      May all be well with Israel!! Psalm 128:6

      Delete
  3. Lovely pictures and video regarding Tu B'Shevat!
    (Unfortunately, the sound on my PC is not good enough for watching the video, but you look wonderful and move with grace. White and blue become you. Even your flat is nice!).

    Yes, Tu B'Shevat is the New Year of the trees; they begin to wake up and send their fragrant blossoms. We greet them like Miriam,with joyful songs of praise and appreciation.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Duta!
      Sorry the sound doesn't come in on your PC. Thanks for giving it a try and for watching regardless!! And for your kind compliments!!
      Happy Tu B'Shevat!! Must be a wonderful time in Israel with the almond blossoms---!! Happy hearing about your greeting them with song!!!♡

      Delete
  4. I like this: Tu B'Shevat, new year for trees! Beautiful blossoms!
    Your Challahs for this Shabbat of Songs are amazing.♥
    Have a blessed week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Hobbyloes! Yes, the season of blossoms has begun! Thank you for your kind words. Have a blessed week to you too!!♡

    ReplyDelete