Thursday, January 3, 2019

Learning to fly a kite in the new year!! A Rainbow Kite story continues!


This father took on the task of figuring out how to get the kite to fly!
He got the strings lined up and the points where they needed to make contact on the kite
pretty soon he got the right balance, and there it went!!Up to the sky!

When we trust all things to Him, our Father in Heaven it looks like this!!

Then use what He taught you and trust His hand and Spirit to guide you!

Pretty soon you can navigate by listening to His lead, if the kite goes too much to the left, bring it back by pulling on the right, and the same with the other direction. 

You don't need to hardly move, its effortless when the Holy Spirit is taking the lead and guiding !!


When we start a conversation with God through His word,
He will gladly pick up the thread and lead us to Him through it.

Something like that happened today.
To continue with the New Year conversation,
I went out again today with a different rainbow kite.

 I don't know if I mentioned, but kite flying is also a tradition in the New Year in Japan.  When I first came to Japan, many years ago!  you could see many children out flying kites on New Years Day and the first few days of the New Year.  But in recent years, we hardly see any children at all flying kites.  Last year I "won" a kite at bingo, and it gave me a new inspiration to want to fly a kite at the new year, and I did, and this year determined to once again, and with the hopes of seeing more kites in the new year and finding some children to fly them with, I bought three kites! One I gave to a child who is my friend, and another you see in post below and  the third in the post here!!! 

This time a family was there and saw me.  The father saw my heart to want to fly the kite and he helped me with figuring out how to fix the strings to get it to fly.  He made it all clear how I could do it, and showed me.  And as you can see in the pictures, it soared on high, and there were no tangles.
Oh,  I forgot, or rather didn't, mention that the kite in the pictures in the post below got in a tangle My husband's brother who is a fisherman made the kite sturdy and devised it doing a great job to fly it.  But when it was my turn, I was not able to manuever it well and, well it ended in a tangle!! and I had to leave it up on high where it was left off! And get the boat back as he was driving us,  before the wind picked up too much!  So I had left off with a kind of sense of discouragement, that I failed with the kite, or rather there was an unfinished-ness about it.  So today I felt I had to go back out with the third kite and meet with the Holy Spirit and engage with His wind.  Would there be a lesson in this for the New Year? I am not sure! But I felt  happy, as in the course of the day I flew the kite with two different families and after all got to fly a kite with children!!


Hallelujah!
Psalm 113:9   


Here is a little prayer that comes out of  the kite flying experience thus far.  Father, May we let go of our hold on our aspirations and ask the Holy Spirit to guide us and teach us  how to acheive a solid footing in You and thus bring our dreams and aspirations into their fullfillment ! With Your hand upon us!! May we  bring the Joy of the LORD into all we do and trust You to navigate the tangles and to loosen anything that is tangled, and guide us to press on to all You have in store for us in this wonderful new year!!
Blessings and Love,
 Glory to God in Messiah Yeshua!
Shabbat Shalom!!

 
Shayndel











5 comments:

  1. Japan seems to have some lovely traditions that touch people universally, like flying a kite. Glad you had someone to help you with trying to navigate it, and sharing the joy with others.

    I totally agree with your prayer which can be summed up as: May God, The Holy Spirit guide us and teach us!

    Shabbath Shalom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Duta, It was funny after I said I hadn`t seen anyone flying kites, yesterday I saw a family by the river with one flying high, so it was nice to see that it hasn`t disappeared!! Thanks for agreeing in prayer, and putting it simply and clearly!! Shabbat Shalom! Hope you have a good Shabbos!

      Delete
  2. Shayndel: Happy New Year to you. Kite flying season used to be in the early spring. We don't see them anymore like we used to. I'm glad to know that the families in Japan do fly them. They are so pretty to see in the sky. I remember there is a knack to getting one to stay in the air. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Quietspirit. Happy New Year! Thank you for sharing about the kite season there. Peace and blessings to you!♡

      Delete
  3. Thank you Sandi!
    Happy New Year!♡

    ReplyDelete