Saturday, June 17, 2017

Bread of Salvation, Dance of Joy






I love Shabbat mornings, as there is a divine light that shines on everything in a way that is different than on all the other mornings of the week.  This day, Yom Shabbat (Hebrew for `the Sabbath day`), is a weekly appointment to meet our Creator, and to spend time in rest with Him!! He tells us throughout the Torah and throughout all the scriptures about the Shabbat! From the first book of Genesis all the way to the book of Revelation we know that the seventh day was set apart as Holy by the Creator of Heaven and Earth. 

To know this day has such a place, a structural pillar in time,  in the eternal rhythms of Creation and that each of us is given the commandment  to keep and remember it, is such a blessing to `enter` it each week!  As Yeshua says, Shabbat was made for man, not man for the Shabbat!! Hallelujah! 

So this morning when I finished breakfast, I saw the challah with light around it, and felt the bread of Joy was today the bread of Salvation.

The Challah Cover just draped casually into place over the bread.  When I saw how the folds fell, it had a feeling of a Japanese kimono.   I had the sense of Yeshua`s presence, not only in my heart, but in a physical way, here,  in Japan, in this `metaphor` of the draped bread!  Can you see that in the photo in the top of post?  I didn`t `pose` the cloth, but that is how it was draped.

Here in Japan I came to Salvation in Yeshua.*   It was the great surprise of my life.  Why here?   I wasn`t looking for Him.  His word says to seek His face, but I never read those words until I was already found.  Since that time-- it was three years ago---, I search and I knock and want to know Him more and more.  Shabbat is such a special time to put `worldly` cares aside, and to delight in the Bread of Salvation.

Love and Blessings!

Shabbat Shalom!
Delight in the Shabbat!

Shayndel






Worship the One who made heaven and earth and sea and springs of water.  
 ---Revelation 14:7


*Salvation = Yeshua.



No comments:

Post a Comment