Thursday, February 9, 2017

Happy Tu B`Shvat from Japan!

 post in progress!
 thank you to my new blog friend at The Real Jerusalem Streets for making me aware  of this day!!
I just learned we are still in time for Tu B`Shevat, a Jewish Holiday that is the New Year for Trees!

It will be this Shabbat, so there is even time still if you are considering celebrating this day, to make a Biblical Challah perfect for the occasion. Here is the Link, stay tuned for how the Challah comes out and hopefully some nice photos of our neighboring Ume (Plum Blossom ) tree, for a Japan-Jewish-Israeli celebration!! Happy Tu B`Shevat! and guess what?  Remember the Israeli Grapefruit I found in the post below?  In the Challah recipe it even calls from zest from a Jaffa orange, so I will plan to use the zest from the Jaffa Grapefruit!.  If you are local, please let me know as surely there will be plentiful Challah to share!!



Blessings and Shalom from Japan,

Shayndel

No comments:

Post a Comment