Saturday, August 5, 2023

Psalm 91 & Parsha Ekev ! Behold Yeshua

 

Can you see the number on the scale? It is `91`! which led me to Psalm 91 for the `Word` in Challah!

Raah, Behold!

Yeshua

Man cannot live by bread alone! But from every word from the mouth of God!


“Because he has devoted his love to Me,
    I will deliver him.
I will set him securely on high,
    because he knows My Name. When he calls on Me, I will answer him.
I will be with him in trouble, rescue him, and honor him. 
With long life will I satisfy him
and show him My salvation.”
 
Psalm 91:14~16
 
Dear Beloved blog friends, Shabbat Shalom! Sorry I haven`t written for sooooo long!  I hope you are all well.  
 
This Shabbat I was moved by the verse in our Torah portion,
 
"Man does not live by bread alone but by every word that comes from the mouth of God"
 
To come back to make a post!
Because
it is the parsha EKEV which means `because`
and because
this verse is a theme verse at Challah and Cherry Blossoms.
Because  bread (challah), and the word of God and bringing them together, are the topics of my blog!!
 
So I asked the Holy Spirit for a word to make in Challah, to share with you, and He led me to 
 
`Behold Yeshua`!!
 In Hebrew, the root words are
RA`AH רָאָה 
which means to See, or Behold,
and Yeshua, יְשׁוּעָה
which means Salvation and is the name of Yeshua
 
You can see the verse in Psalm 91 above, where these two words are found, literally `show him My Salvation`,
 
With long life will I satisfy him
and show him My salvation.
אֹרֶךְ יָמִים, אַשְׂבִּיעֵהוּ;    וְאַרְאֵהוּ, בִּישׁוּעָתִי
 
I hope you were able to follow that! One more piece is that the word actually came about as I was measuring the challah dough to divide it in strands.  At that time I still didn`t know what word I would make in challah, but when I broke off a piece of dough to measure it, the scale said `91`! and the Holy Spirit spoke to me!!
 
I usually divide the pieces in either 100 grams each for 12 strands which generally works out well, as the dough generally comes to about 1200 grams.  Or sometimes I do 80 grams each for several smaller challah.
 
So when I saw 91, it stood out and I thought right away of Psalm 91!!! 
 I read through the Psalm asking the Holy Spirit to Highlight a verse or a word(s), and when I got to the last verse I saw it all came together in `Yeshua`, and even `MY Salvation!`.
 
As the Parsha is all about God`s LOVE and the `conditional` aspect, of `Because` or `IF` we show our loving devotion to God, He will do all these things and show us His Salvation.   
 
It just seemed so perfect as remember the verse we started from was `Man does not live by bread alone but by everything that comes from the mouth of God` (Deuteronomy 8:3).  That "everything" includes every decree, every statute, every word, every declaration.  So here it was,
 
With long life I will satisfy those who LOVE me and Devote their LOVE to Me!!
That is exactly what our Parsha Ekev and all of the Torah is about! IF you love me, you will obey and guard my commandments and statutes.
 
Don`t you just love that, and above you can see the Shabbat Table and how it came out!
 
Another interesting thing is that the verse that I was led to has `Because` in it twice.  Even though the Hebrew is not the same as `EKEV`, the meaning is similar, as it is "as a result of , a reward for, because of," our devotion to  Him that He gives us this wonderful promise of a long life and His Salvation!
 
Thank you for coming this far.  As we partake of the words of Life` the bread of Life , and drink the cup of Salvation  let us say together.  
Le chay-im! To LIFE!!
 
Good to see you all again!
Hope to be back sooner rather than later this time.
To Life and Salvation in Yeshua! 
Much Love,❤️

Shayndel

“Then it will happen, as a result of your listening to these ordinances, when you keep and do them, that Adonai your God will keep with you the covenant kindness that He swore to your fathers.
He will love you, bless you and multiply you. He will also bless the fruit of your womb and the produce of your soil, your grain and your new wine and your oil, the increase of your herds and the young of your flock, in the land that He swore to your fathers to give you
Deuteronomy  7:12~13 (first lines of Parsha EKEV) 
PS You may have noticed if you are following the weekly Torah portions, that RE`EH , the word I spelled out in Challah, is the name of next week`s Parsha!
 
Please feel free to find my AHAVA prayer sheets which give a family friendly summary of the weekly Torah portions as well as verses to pray for your loved ones, communities, and Israel each week to go with the parsha! 
AHAVA Parsha Ekev Prayer Sheet HERE(this week)
AHAVE Parsha Re`eh Prayer Sheet HERE  (coming week)

Reading this week in EKEV, the Torah is A love letter from Abba 💌 

❤️

 
Just as the Father has loved Me, I also have loved you. 
Abide in My love!
If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.
These things I have spoken to you so that My joy may be in you, and your joy may be full. 

John 15:9~11






11 comments:

  1. What a lovely Header- picture!
    Indeed, we cannot live by bread alone, but by the words, decrees, declarations that come from God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Duta!!
    Encouraged always by your kind words.
    Amen! Thank you for repeating the verse, so wonderful to be in agreement and blessed to read it back again in your comment.

    Shabbat Shalom!❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you are back!

    He is the Bread of Life. Amen. 🩷

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very good message. Nice to hear from you again. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Quietspirit.
      We receive the blessings.
      May the LORD multiply Peace and blessings to you and yours❤️

      Delete
  5. Love it. Regine
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Just as the Father has loved Me, I also have loved you.
    Abide in My love!
    If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.
    These things I have spoken to you so that My joy may be in you, and your joy may be full.

    John 15:9~11"


    Amen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen!

      Thank you Sandi and I receive also your comment as a gentle reminder to come back and post again! Love and blessings!

      ❤️ Shayndel

      Delete
    2. Hi Sandi,

      Just tried to leave a comment on your post, but was not able to. I enjoyed your post about Yom Teruah!! Praise the LORD!!❤️

      Delete