Sunday, January 3, 2021

Pomegranates and a Blossoming `Chai` Challah of Life!

 






Amen, amen I tell you, he who believes has eternal life.     I am the bread of life.
John 6:47~48

Today`s challah is a Challah of Life! 

I call it the Blossoming Chai Challah, and you can see it all started HERE

 CHAI is a Hebrew word which means `LIFE` (see header above).

You may have heard it in the famous `toast`,

LE-CHAI-IM, To life!

As I was reading in the last parsashiot of the book of Genesis,  Parasha Vayigash and Parsha Vayechi, I kept seeing that word LIFE!!! Joseph asking `Is my Father still alive`, Jacob asking the same of his son Joseph, and then when the brothers reconcile Joseph tells them it is to `preserve the lives of many` that he was sent to Egypt. And of course, he saved many alive through grain ~~ the `bread` (corn?!)  that he provided for his family and Egypt and all the nations.

And to top it off, the LORD was showing me pomegranates upon pomegranates in the supermarket and fruit stands.  I just had to make the Pomegranate Blossoming Chai Challah !! And kept making them until there were no more pomegranates (and now I found more, so if you would like me to make one for you and you are in Japan, let me know!!).  Every time I open a pomegranate I hear YESHUA`s call to us to be fruitful in Him.  Every time I make a Challah for Shabbat  I taste His goodness and that He is the true Bread of LIFE!  When we drink the cup of redemption with it, we proclaim His LIFE until the day He returns!! 

So without further ado, here is my Blossoming Challah of Life in a Challah-cast upload to share with you!!

I will also include my first Blossoming Chai Challah from last year on this Parsha.  It is exciting how the LORD  shows us new things in His word each time. 

The third is a short upload I did for my brother, lately I have gotten to know some of the care residents he works with at his job, and have been doing mini Challah-casts for them as they are in lockdown and even their Shabbat time is on hold as they quarrantine in their rooms. It is a blessing to share from Japan to NY and  a special way to connect with my brother who I have not seen for a long time with the travel being restricted.

May we say together these words that are said at the end of each book of Torah,  so perfect for strengthening each other! 

CHAZAK, CHAZAK, VENIT CHAZEK!

Be strong, be strong, and let us strengthen one another!

Hope you might enjoy one or all of the Challah of Life and Pomegranate Challah uploads below courtesy of 

Joannes Challah-cast Channel

 Love,

Shayndel ♡ 

 

The recent Blossoming Chai Challah with Pomegranate:

First Chai Challah of life : 
 
Pomegranate challah for my brother and friends:

 

Come, my beloved, Let us go into the open;

Let us lodge among the henna shrubs. Let us go

early to the vineyards; Let us see if the vine has

flowered, if its blossoms have opened, If the

pomegranates are in bloom.

There I will give my love to you.                                       Song of Songs 7:12~13

 

 

 

 

10 comments:

  1. Happy New Year and praise the Lord for bringing us to this point. I love the pomegranate challah since the pomegranate is so juicy and healthy. Take care my dear. All the blessings of Yeshua upon you and your family and ministry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen. Thank you Joyful!
    Happy New Year!
    To you too, all the blessings of Yeshua upon you and your family and minsitry! Glad you enjoyed the challah. Much Love ♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Gezegend Nieuwjaar" to you. I love this post. Once I read that the pomegranate a symbol is for righteousness, because it is said to contain exactly 613 seeds, which corresponds with the 613 mitzvot (commandments) of the Torah.

    And is this not a great article about it? https://www.oneforisrael.org/bible-based-teaching-from-israel/bursting-with-fruitfulness/

    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aritha. Gezegend Nieuwjaar!!
      Yes, I have mentioned that sometimes in my posts and uploads about the 613 seeds, and have a funny story in a draft about that I may try to finish!! I love that, never counted them though :)) Joseph is called `Yosef haTzadik`, and known for his righteousness, so that is another way the pomegranate challah connects to these parsha about Joseph. Thank you for your insights!

      I will check out the article! Thank you for mentioning it!
      God bless you!♡

      Delete
  4. Bread is unanimously considered Life.
    I love to look at pomegranates, but I'm not fond of their red grains despite their health benefits. Anyway, a pomegranate challah sounds great to me!
    Glad of your special connection with your brother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Duta, you make me wonder, can you find pomegranate challah in Israel?! I would think so ?! One day I can`t wait to try a real Israeli pomegranate in the land of Israel. Now I put this down as a prayer today, I pray that we will start getting Israeli Pomegranates here!! I remember when I first started seeing the Israeli fruit in Japan--grapefruit was the first, then Sweetie--it was so exciting. In Yeshua`s name I pray!! Thank you LORD!! Thank you Duta for inspiring the prayer!!! Blessings and Shalom to you and all Israel!♡

      PS I think you would like the jam as the red grains get a little softened when cooked in jam!! And yes, its a nice connection with my brother, he encourages me on my challah-casts and I look forward to when I can make a pomegranate challah for him and his friends to have in person!

      Delete
  5. Dear Joanne, have a blessed and healthy New Year!
    The pomegranate Challah looks delicious and is a blessing.
    We hope for a good year with fewer viruses and more love from Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hobbyloes! Amen! I receive your blessings and to you too a blessed and healthy and fruitful New Year to you and your loved ones! ♡ Ephesians 3:19 for us all, may you/we know the love of Messiah which surpasses knowledge, so you/we maye be filled up with all the fullness of God.♡

      Delete
  6. Happy New Year, may this be a blessed year for you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you QuietSpirit!! Happy to see you and receive your greetings, I pray the same for you that may this be a blessed year for you and years!! Love in Messiah,♡ Shayndel

      Delete