Thursday, January 9, 2020

Let there be Light! Star of David Challah and Challah-cast!

 
In visions of the night God said to Israel, "Jacob, Jacob."
"Hineni," he said.
I  am God, the God of your father," He said.  "Do not be afraid to go down to Egypt, for I will turn you into a great nation there.  I Myself will also most certainly bring you up.  Joseph will put his hands on your eyes."                   Genesis 46: 2~4

In the Torah readings this week we are already coming to the end of the book of Genesis. 

The book of Genesis starts with the Creation.  Through His word, God  brings light into the world and forms and creates all things.  This time when reading Genesis I am noticing how the book of Genesis ends with creating light from darkness as well in the sense that He is bringing into existence a new light that will be created from the darkness of exile--- the nation of Israel.

In the light of all that we are reading, in this Challah-cast from the Parsha Miketz (sorry I am already a few weeks behind!)  I chose to focus on making a "Star of David" challah for the Shabbat of Chanukah! (already a few weeks past, but remember, we are to bring our light in to the continuing the days!)

If you are just joining in, The Challah-casts are my new series of looking at the weekly parsha and connecting to it in some way to the making of a challah.  It is always a learning experience for me to do them and find connections to the parsha, and to somehow put it together into an upload!!  I hope  there would be something in them that would bring light to you!!

In the post below, we have been talking about the importance of "unity" and reconciliation between brothers.  Remember, that kiss between justice and shalom.  A kiss that took 14 years in the making for Joseph and his brothers, and a kiss that is still thousands of the years in the making that is yet to take place when the Shalom is restored between all brothers (and sisters) in Yeshua, the true light who lights all others, who is the Light of the World. 

Blessings and Shavu'a Tov and a light-filled week to you! And by the time I am posting this, Shabbat Shalom!!


Shayndel

But you, O LORD, are a shield about me,
my glory, He who holds my head high.
Psalm 3:3

Deliverance is the LORD's YOur blessing be upon Your people!  Selah.  Psalm 3:9











6 comments:

  1. Thank you dear sister. Also for the comments. I still read the first one and it was so nice to read that one.

    I listen always to One For Israel for the Thora Portions. Now I will listen to yours too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Aritha. I am glad to hear you saw what I wrote,in the "private space" of the short time it was there!! Praise God! He gave us a special meeting, to share about His Love.

    Blessed that you would listen to my challah-cast!! I will check out the one on One for Israel too. Blessings dear sister! Love!♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely header with blossom cherries within a heart!
    The book of Genesis mentions two important topics: 1. Creation of the world 2. Reconciliation (brothers of Joseph).
    The highlight of it all is your Star of David Challah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Duta ! I am glad you enjoyed and noticed the header!
      Amen, two important topics for sure! Creation and Reconcilation!
      High-light! I like that word for the Star of David challah, in light of that we are on the topic of light! Blessings and Shalom! ♡

      Delete
  4. Nice post Shayndel! We are just reading the story of Joseph and his brothers.
    The video of the Challah as the Star of David is beautiful and easy to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Hobbyloes, Thank you for your kind words and for watching the video!! I'm encouraged by your watching and sharing an encouraging word!!. Glad also to hear you were just reading the story of Joseph!! And maybe even with Benjamin? Blessings and Shalom to you and your family!!♡

    ReplyDelete