Saturday, August 20, 2016

Torah and Tatami

Hi and Welcome to Challah and Cherry Blossoms!

As I get started on a new blog, I wonder who my new readers will be.
I wonder how can I tell you what the blog is about, as I too am forming it in each new post.

These first two posts are combinations of two things starting with the same letter.
              You see, for example, Challah and Cherry Blossoms, 
                                                                           Torah and tatami...




Are you starting to get the connection?
..Yes!
You are getting it!!  they are pairs that express something about being Jewish and living in Japan.
I made this blog to express the miracle of a Jewish girl (woman, but I like the sound of girl for this!) from New York who ran away from home all the way around the world to Japan. 

She kept her Jewish identity hidden for many years as she made her new life in Japan. 
But guess what?  Like Jonah, who tried to run away from God, all the way to Tarshish,  she too was found.    Her story comes full circle when seemingly out of nowhere she was not only found but she  was saved and brought back to life through Jesus Christ, who she learned before long is YESHUA the Jewish Messiah!

She wasn`t in the belly of a whale when He found her, but I think the story has enough of a parallel, especially as Japan is an island full of many kinds of fish and as we all know Yeshua was a great fisherman!

Of course that is the simplified version of a long story and the Jewish girl is me!
I just can`t tell you what a big surprise it all has all been in the past two years.
This is my new blog to express and share something about coming back to my Jewish faith and having found out that there is only one way that completes that faith, and that is salvation in Yeshua.

I hope this blog can be a place where people from all over can come together, share a love for Yeshua and for God`s word, encourage each other, and glorify His name through simple things in our everyday lives.  I love to draw, dance for the LORD and am completing the second year of training to become licensed in worship dance.   I love Japan and I love being re-connected with my Heavenly Father where I least expected it.  I am also a mother of one beautiful daughter.   I would love to hear from you so please don`t hesitate to share in the comments.

Shabbat Shalom !

Yeshua said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life! 
No one comes to the Father except through Me.   ---John 4:16  TLV

6 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear more about your story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kellyn!
      I hope you enjoy the new post, a story of my first challah.
      Blessings and Shalom!

      Delete
  2. Hi! I am friends with Atira Nuzzo and saw this post on her FB page. Looks like this blog will be an interesting combination of cultures! I look forward to reading more. Blessings from Delaware!

    Stephanie Dunham

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Stephanie!
    Shalom! Its so good to meet you through Atira.
    Many blessings and Love from Japan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! What a beautiful thing and a really cool journey of how Jesus brought you to Himself. A Jewish American in Japan! His world is varied and wonderful! Love you Joanne. I am looking forward to getting caught up on your blogs! Thank you for sharing. - Abs

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH thank you Abs!! So glad you visited and happy to read your encouraging words!! Sorry for the late reply, somehow I just discovered your comment now (today!) Much love and Shabbat Shalom!!❤️

    ReplyDelete